• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exide Purple Haze Deep Cycle?

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever run one of these batteries? They have a great warranty on em, 750CCA and dual terminal which is nice for accessories :)

Just looking for some real world input on them, don't feel like spending $400 on a yellow top optima if I can get the same performance out of one of these puppies :)

The other reason I don't want an optima is because I have been told about the piss poor quality they have going around...

I'm running one and I love it. It's a spiral cell sealed gel battery so very similar to the optimas but at a much better price for us canadians. I have absolutely no regrets about going with this battery.

I've ran their blue deep cycle for a few years now and it has been very reliable. The purple battery came out just after I bought mine. When I had my rig on its side in a gully there was power to spare after a considerable amount of winching with the engine off.
I run their standard spiral cell in my stocker and it has been a solid performer as well. I would buy either again.

Edit: I didn't by from the link I provided, they just came up on Google.
:dunno:

Last edited:
I had the Pro-comp badged Off-road deep cycle. It lasted about 3 years; normal starting, very few pulls with a winch.
I found out that the warranty ran out in two. I'm not too sure what the deep purple warranty is, just my .02

John

Rehashing an old thread but I just ordered one. Doing a little research and I found one on amazon and google image search that has the same SKU number as the purple one but it is green and has 4 battery posts on the top. Is this just a newer version of the purple haze or are they a different battery?

Back