• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headlight knob

black2door

NAXJA Forum User
Hey i am taking my dash apart to get to the guages but i cant get the headlight knob to the left of the steering wheel off. does anyone know how
THANKS

on my 93 there was a black button on the side of the headlight switch you have to press and then the whole knob shaft and everything comes out. You have to reach behind the dash from underneath and kind of feel around, but its there

You just need to push it through really hard. I was a bit nervous the first time I did it but after taking apart my dash 4 times in a month to swap out some gauges I realized there's no worries. Just have to use a little force.

Krazors001 said:
You just need to push it through really hard. I was a bit nervous the first time I did it but after taking apart my dash 4 times in a month to swap out some gauges I realized there's no worries. Just have to use a little force.

:D Yeah, I pushed mine through. but when I went to put the dash back, I could not get the bezel back over the knob. I just took a file and made the hole a tiny big bigger. So next time will be easy.

I didn't know the head light knob needed to come off. On the few (all pre '97)I've removed the gauges from, the outer instrument bezel comes off with 4 screws and the headlight switch / knob never moves. Then the gauge cluster / left side warning lights unscrew with 6 more screws.

Back