• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Accelerating and stopping!

kesfplanner

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all! I have a 2001 XJ with 3" Skyjacker Lift and 31" TRXUS's. Just put a Jasper engine in it in January and it's running great. One outstanding item that I have yet to figure out, is with regard to some play underneath when accelerating and stopping. Initially I had a clunking sound, replaced the transmission mount and now that is fine. I think that is may be something with the driveshaft but I am not sure. Has anyone run into something like this before?

It's hard to explain because you can really just feel it. Theres no major sound. It sorta feels like something coming out of where it should be when accelerating and moving back into place when stopping.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ken

i had something similar w/a 78 bronco. turned out the u-bolts on the rear axle had come loose and the axle was walking fore and aft on the leaf spring. its kinda a shot in the dark, but its someplace to start.

Check your exhaust hangers, especially the one on the transmission crossmember.

Back