• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U-Joints?

abzrocka

NAXJA Forum User
So i've got a horrible noise eminating from what I think is my driveshaft. I'm hoping I just need to replace the ujoints but I want to ask if there is anything else I should be looking for.

It is a clunking noise that only happens when I coast. If I brake or accelerate it stops. The noise is also variable by speed. The faster I am going the faster the clunking is.

Thanks for any help.

92 4.0 aw4 np242 d30 & d35

Gramps still has his arse sag? I need to take 2 weeks of leave and come out there so we can at a minimum get the rear back up to where it should be. I need a reason to get out of this state anyway. try dropping the front end and see if it stops the sound?

Hey Its an idea. lower the front end of the vehicle for a day (that you dont plan to go offroad) see if it changes the sound or eliminates it. Hey New to this scene, just throwin ideas around.

Back