• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mustang Injectors 19lb, high idle.

are the injectors all seated firmly, and are all the vacuum lines connected correctly, screw either one up and air will leak in and raise the idle

I have a 89 4.0 XJ. Also, I did reset the battery a couple times and still having the high idle. I can recheck the vacuum lines though.

Does anyone that is using these injectors confirm that their idle is normal.

I used them on a 92 with no problems. JIM.

check the IAC and the TPS, just changing the injectors should not cause these to go out of wack, but they do control idle.

Also, did you lube the injector o rings when you installed them, they can be seated but not sealed.

Hope this helps

I run them on my '87 and mine idles right around 700. They were already on there when I bought my XJ so I don't know if there was anything special done to get them to run right.

I would just pull them, coat the o-rings in oil(just stick your finger in the valvecover unless you have an open quart handy), and then reseat them

The injectors won't in themselves cause a high idle. Cut o-ring, possible but you would have had to really force it in to cut it that bad. As mentioned IAC do some pretty weird stuff, sometime you bump them and they get stuck. If you are sure you don't have a vacuum leak, try removing you IAC and clean it with some brake cleaner then spray some WD-40, tap it a couple time and reinstall it. Disconnect the BAtt before you turn on the key. You can also use water to find a vacuum leak.

Back