• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deaver G9s and Custom HD Packs Info

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
for the past few weeks I had been running Deavers G9 leaf packs which they build for JeepSpeed. I got a pretty good deal on them since they were take-offs. Even just installing 1 of them, I noticed a very nice improvement.

Quick Specs on Deaver G9's:
* 4" lift
* 10 leaf
* Military wrap / English eye
* longer, thinner, more leafs for improved ride and flexing.
* Requires boomerang shackles

Quick Specs on the Deaver Custom Built Pack
* approx 4.5-5"
* 11 leaf
* Military wrap / English eye
* longer, thinner, more leafs for improved ride and flexing.
* Requires boomerang shackles

Here are some pics comparing the different leaf packs. Added hi-res so you can see the details:

1. Top leaf is Rusty's 4.5
2 and 3 in the middle are the Deaver Custom Built Packs
4. Bottom leaf pack is the Deaver G9s

deaver_compare1.jpg

Notice the supporting leaf near the shackle eye on the custom built pack vs the G9's:
deaver_shackleeye_compare.jpg

The other difference is that the G9's dont run spring pads. This is so dirt and little rocks dont build up between the leafs.

So if you carry lots of weight and want more lift than 4", the custom packs are ideal. So far, I am REALLY impressed with the difference in ride on the street. I havent had a change to flex out the custom packs but the G9s definitely flex alot better than anything I've owned.

Deaver customer service is personal and excellent. Jeff took the time to measure and find out what I really needed instead of pushing me out the door with any off-the-shelf product.

http://www.deaverspring.com/

If anyone is interested, we could do a group buy for the custom built packs to get bulk discount to bring the price down but would need atleast 6 pre-orders.

Very cool Josh, I have been interested in these for some time now. Wanted to wear out the RE I have in now before I commited. Bet they rock with the baja bushings. What difference's did you first notice ?

GrimmJeeper said:
:shiver: aahhh! group buy police~! run! :eyes:

The thread is more about the leaf specs / information rather than an official group buy. The official group buy will be posted in the For Sale section based on interest.

cds36 said:
What difference's did you first notice ?

Well so far on the street, they feel softer on the bumps but firm because of less rebound. That make sense? Basically, hitting big bumps used to cause the rear to rebound up but these absorb the bumps with no noticeable bounce back. They also have resolved torque shifting where nailing the gas would cause the passenger side to drop a little. This keeps the vehicle pretty straight on lauch

djblade311 said:
The thread is more about the leaf specs / information rather than an official group buy. The official group buy will be posted in the For Sale section based on interest.

Those custom ones look nice! They look like nationals.

I definitely need some new leafs. I carry quite a bit of weight in the back, and need a total lift of about 5" even with my load. I have 1.5" Daystar shackles, you think those work with these leafs? Or do they NEED to be BOOMERANG style? Not sure where you get those.

Dunno if I have the funds for such bling leafs though. Kind of tired of d***ing around with POS leafs I've had over the years. It might be time to say "screw it" and go for broke. Any idea on the break?

Deaver leaf packs are much longer than RE, Rustys, etc therefore you will definitely need boomerangs or you can get a shackle relocation box.

I ran the Rustys straight 1.5" shackles with Deavers for a couple of days and it was within 1/4" of hitting the shackle box so I had to be careful hitting those bumps for a while.

I have received the exact amount on the break yet. I can say with some confidence that it would compete or beat National prices.

are you sure that they are 4" lift springs. Or are they 3" lift springs that when ran with a 1" lift boomerang shackle, you get 4"?

I know that a company used to list the deavers as a 4" lift spring that requires there 1" shackles also with them due to the spring. Well that ment in actuality that it was a 3" lifted spring mixed w a 1" lifted shackle.

just wanted to make sure it is what it is. Others in the past have overlooked this.

ROBERTK said:
are you sure that they are 4" lift springs. Or are they 3" lift springs that when ran with a 1" lift boomerang shackle, you get 4"?

I know that a company used to list the deavers as a 4" lift spring that requires there 1" shackles also with them due to the spring. Well that ment in actuality that it was a 3" lifted spring mixed w a 1" lifted shackle.

just wanted to make sure it is what it is. Others in the past have overlooked this.

Yeah, no way am I shelling out a ton of doh for a 3" leaf. I need a 5" lift after all is said and done. So 4" leaf, 1" shackle, no sagging loaded up.

ROBERTK said:

I think you might be right. When I measured from ground to bottom of my rock rail in the rear with the G9s, 1.5" shackle and 1" block, it was 22" inches. With the rusty's 4.5", 1.5 shackle and 1" block it was 23". It was a quick measurement though I should have used the proper way to measure lift. So the G9's might be more like 3.5" leaf packs.

djblade311 said:
I think you might be right. When I measured from ground to bottom of my rock rail in the rear with the G9s, 1.5" shackle and 1" block, it was 22" inches. With the rusty's 4.5", 1.5 shackle and 1" block it was 23". It was a quick measurement though I should have used the proper way to measure lift. So the G9's might be more like 3.5" leaf packs.

Its a honest mistake that in the past created bad feelings for me towards a Great Jeepparts manufacture and supplier, that since have been corrected.

But yeah just check into it to make sure. Deaver was the one that had to inform me and them that they were only a 3" spring adn then a 1" rec shackle. BUT not saying these are those. Just wanted it confirmed one way or another, thats all.

Last edited:
djblade311 said:

http://www.mike-g.net/jeep/yinyang/tech/rideheight/

Let us know what you really get out of it.

fish outa water?

JohnX said:
SOCAL ????

Quit your complaining, there's a thread for that.

I like Tech crap in SoCal. One less forum to check. Plus alot of the tech is here because it relates to the SoCal people more then other parts of the country.

my reasoning for putting this in SoCal is because Deaver is in Santa Ana and if anyone is interested in the same springs, it would be local pickup.

If you whiners want to move it then fine but keep the posts related to the topic at hand

ROBERTK said:
But yeah just check into it to make sure. Deaver was the one that had to inform me and them that they were only a 3" spring adn then a 1" rec shackle. BUT not saying these are those. Just wanted it confirmed one way or another, thats all.

Interesting, I just talked to Gary at Deaver and he said that the springs are supposed to be a 4" by themselves and if you added a 1" shackle then its 4.5. He did say that was in JeepSpeed circumstances with hardly any weight in the rear and those who load up a bit cause them to settle to 3.5".

I will measure tonight on the custom leaf packs.

Mike,

with my 1.5" TNT boomerang shackle, the custom built packs (I keep forgetting to get the model number) measures 5 3/4" of lift exactly. That is with the rigidco rear bumper, tire carrier and 33" spare.

Back