• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Marvin's new friend

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Here's something you don't see every day...two 92 MJs side-by-side. The blue one is Russ' new toy and is in better shape than Marvin.

IMG_4590.jpg

WOW!! Where are you guys finding these MJs!! That is one clean MJ!

As you know, Marvin is from Vegas. After Russ first saw Marvin, he asked me to keep an eye out for another 91-92.

A week later, I told Russ that a guy on comancheclub.com was selling a super clean 92. But it was in Phoenix. So Russ negotiated the deal by phone, then flew to Phoenix to pick it up.

It really worked out well because Russ had purchased some rims and tires from a different party in Arizona. Russ had that guy drop off the wheels and tires at the house of the guy with the MJ. So he was able to get everything home in one trip.

xjohnnyc said:
As you know, Marvin is from Vegas. After Russ first saw Marvin, he asked me to keep an eye out for another 91-92.

A week later, I told Russ that a guy on comancheclub.com was selling a super clean 92. But it was in Phoenix. So Russ negotiated the deal by phone, then flew to Phoenix to pick it up.

It really worked out well because Russ had purchased some rims and tires from a different party in Arizona. Russ had that guy drop off the wheels and tires at the house of the guy with the MJ. So he was able to get everything home in one trip.
How much was the blue one......and I guess I should ask you to please keep an eye out for a 91 or 92 for me Johnny.....
LOL

that blue thing has the ugliest wheels known to OEM.... weird thing is, of the 2 mj's in my family, both came originally with those.... UGHH

...are those bucket seats i see ? =\
hurry up and junk it, im having a terrible time finding mj bucket rails at the junkyard =\

xjohnnyc said:
The blue one is Russ' new toy and is in better shape than Marvin.

IMG_4590.jpg
Johnny you know beauty is only skin deep. Marvin brought my roof rack to me, I love Marvin.

xcm said:
that blue thing has the ugliest wheels known to OEM.... weird thing is, of the 2 mj's in my family, both came originally with those.... UGHH

I must be the only person in the world who likes those wheels.

xcm said:
... im having a terrible time finding mj bucket rails at the junkyard =\
I had a tough time finding those little "opera lights" for the interior. Damn those cheesey little plastic fingers on the back side!

danwho said:
Johnny you know beauty is only skin deep.

Yeah, that's what I say every time I see myself in the mirror. :wierd:

Thanks for the love though.

Bent said:
I had a tough time finding those little "opera lights" for the interior. Damn those cheesey little plastic fingers on the back side!

Yesterday, I wired up a dome light that I picked up at Pep Boys. I screwed it in over the hole where the original light was (of course, both of mine are broken too). Seems to work okay. Definitely better than having the lights dangle by their wires. :)

Back