• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evens creek fun run Saturday

naughty_auty

NAXJA Forum User
Wow What fun I wanted to post up And say wow I had a great time

I have done some wheelin in the past but nothing like this

Really nothing like this

I was going to build an xj but a cj5 landed in my lap it was build up already just needed TLC. I bought it last weekend and feverishly whent threw it. fixed what was broken changed all fluids. I was up puting the final tuches on the beast a 1 am saturday
put it on the trailer and got a nap before heading out.

We stopped at the cheveron just outside of wilkeson met up with another friend and up to the trail we went.

We parked well out side the grounds and had to drive our jeeps in.

Now at this point the farthest I drove my new toy is around the block a few times with poor results and on smooth ground now on a dirt road I was thinking this thing is going to fall apart. But we made it.

Like I said I have done very light trail driving I also Asked my friend to take it easy due to an untested jeep and a newby driver. And what do they do? Take me up 311 I have never gritted my teeth nor held on to the wheel like that in my life. But I had a great time hit two trees lightly "no damage" and had a great time.

The next trail they took me on was 520 we went down it I cant emangine going up it
that was less fun due to not knowing my jeeps limit and feeling every turn like I was there. I had fun and will do it again.

The fun part about it all is my jeep didn't fail or break. And if any knew the history of this jeep a 72 primer black cj5 named Murphy as in Murphies law If it can it will.
You know why all that were with me and those who saw Murph come out of the trail Under it's own power were all amazed.

At this point I must say I am very impressed with everyone I met out there. All were willing to help. I am really amazed at the xj's that were out there I don't think now I could put my xj on some of those trails.

I'll post up pix when I get them later today and maybe some video

I wanted to post here cause the XJ comunity on the trail seemed to be the friendliest
coolest bunch out there. I met other great peeps just met more xjer's than anyother group

I'm hooked see ya out there

Back