• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuse panel map reverse lgihts out

Atreyu

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know where i can find one or tell me where the fuse for the reverse lightst are? Thanks

Neutral Safety Switch. On the AW4 automatic, the reverse lamp switch and neutral safety switch are combined into a single unit. It's fan-shaped, about 3" across, and lives on the pax side of the transmission (go down to the shift lever on the driver's side, and go straight across. You'll find it.)

On manuals, the NSS was relocated to the clutch pedal (you had to have the clutch out to engage the start motor) and the reverse lamp switch was a bung in the side of the case.

If you have the automatic, the NSS costs a mint - but can be cleaned for about $10 in supplies (assuming you don't have any around to start with.) Do a search here for <cleaning + NSS> or similar, and you should be able to find a writeup or two - and my additions to make it simpler and more reliable.

If you have the manual, expect to just change the thing - but a replacement should be in the $10-20 range.

5-90

:edit: beat me to it
but being a 2000 i cant see it going so quick. have you checked your bulbs? there may be a fuse but i have a 1990 and there not the same panels.

it's def gotta be a fuse cause i was pulling the fuses out and putting them back cause i was checking them for something else so i might of put one back in the wrong spot. i was wondering if anyone could help me find that spot in the panel. Thanks

Back