• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2002 CBR954RR, 5,800 miles, Warranty

Tenny

NAXJA Forum User
So I've had this bike since brand new. The title is clean. It went down once at like 5-10 mph. Just superficial damage (right side fairing). Replaced the fairing, the only thing that hasn't been replaced is the brake lever ($10 part). The mirrors were not damaged, but I left the bike in storage for a month at my neighbors when I moved, and one was broken when I went to pick it up, so I took both off, and through them away before I realized you buy them by themselves, not in pairs... duh.

Anyways here's the add I've been posted on CL and a few other sites:

2002 Honda CBR954RR
The Good:
Clear Title, with Title in Hand
Only has 5,843 miles.
Under Warranty untill August 25, 2008 (FACTORY WARRANTY)
Oil Changed all the time, most recent oil change had less than 100 miles in between.
Rear Tire was replaced recently.
All work (and oil changes) done on motorcycle by Honda / Hare Racing in Sunnyvale.

The Bad:
Not registered currently, was last registered in DEC 2004. I stopped driving it in 2004 regularly. (From what I can tell registration is about $400, but that is just what someone told me the fees were when they went to the DMV to check. So it may be more or less, but I don't have the time to figure it out.)
No Mirrors - $40 online
Needs new battery (Will only hold a charge for a few days) - $60 online
There are a few scratches here and there (see pictures)
Someone sprayed something on the wind screen, so it stained that. Easy to replace windscreen, or you can buy a plastic buffer and it would probably come out. - $50 online

Here are some pictures:
P5180075.jpg

P5180074.jpg

P5180073.jpg

P5180072.jpg

P5180071.jpg

P5180070.jpg

P5180069.jpg

P5180068.jpg

P5180067.jpg

P5180066.jpg

P5180065.jpg

On most places I'm asking between $4,500-$5,000. But I'll let it go to anyone on here for $4,000 as long as it's a quick sale, without any hassles (You come, look at it, hand me money, I hand you title and all paper work and we go on our own ways).

I am on here often, so pm me or reply here and I'll see it pretty quickly.

Nice bike man. I'm looking to buy the exact bike or a cbr 600rr when I get the money, but I only have about 1k saved for it right now. Hope you find a buyer.

oo7ravisXJ said:
Nice bike man. I'm looking to buy the exact bike or a cbr 600rr when I get the money, but I only have about 1k saved for it right now. Hope you find a buyer.
Thanks a ton. GL when your ready to buy!

I think it was rated at around 40mpg. Mostly dependent on how hard you ride it. It's pretty bad for what you would consider a fuel saver, but it's def. better than driving other vehicles... and at least it has the "cool" factor.

I do think that the other liter bikes of that time were getting better mileage though. I bought the Honda over the others just because it felt more comfortable. The distance between the seat / handle bars was the closest.

Back