• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4412 and 4430 truck plugs

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
Whats the difference?I assume one is hotter than the other?Cost wise the 4412's are cheaper,but the 4430's are listed for my 89....
Can I run the 4412's?

Last edited:
outlander said:
Whats the difference?I assume one is hotter than the other?Cost wise the 4412's are cheaper,but the 4430's are listed for my 89....
Can I run the 4412's?

Im pretty sure the 4412 is listed for newer Jeep Wranglers and Grand Cherokee's. I dont know if that helps or not... I just ordered a set of 4430's for $20 with shipping, so im pleased.

lawsoncl said:

4412's do show for renix era and before cherokee's, but not the 4.0 until 91 (shows for the 4 banger).

Im sure you could use them on a renix jeep without issue given the facts on champions website. If you havent ordered them yet though, get the 4430's instead. Just my 2c's The price difference probably reflects on the materials used to make each plug. And some of those materials are the whole reason why you would want to spend the extra money to get the truck plugs over standard champions anyway.

Last edited:
From what i have read on here, i have concluded that the champion truck plugs are the best plugs for our I6's. Does that mean your going to see a noticable performance gain? Probably not. You may feel a little more on your butt dyno, and your engine may live happier.. but thats about it.

This of course is all my opinion from the information i have gathered here.

Yeah I have the tuck Plugs in both of my XJ's a 95 and a 92. They have a much more massive copper core which the older I'6's love. i think after 99 they call for ngk platinums or something. But yes the truck plugs will give you a better idle and a nice burn.

Back