• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanks to 89caXJ I have my new XJ! (pics)

KingOfTheHill

NAXJA Forum User
So Mike (89CAXJ) reply's to one of my posts when i came back saying basically "i got some stuff for ya, come on over"... so i do and he does... we get to talking about his 89' on the side of his house (he has a nice 98' in the driveway).... so he's showing me all the trick stuff... d44, locker, custom seats, speaker bar, adjustable trackbar, cragars, jks quick disco's, new "closed" cooling system, huge fans....ect... basically a lot of time and effort went into this thing.. the says "if you know anybody looking, im probably gonna sell it"...

so i drive my xj home.. start working on it.. and thinking of his for sale... hmm... what do you do... I KNOW! i'll sell my current XJ to my brother and go buy his :)

I can't be gratefull enough. Mike is a stand up guy!.. going above and beyond on the whole deal.

I thank you mike, and look forward to hitting some trails with you and everybody else.

so i got her home, cleaned her up a bit and took her for some "mall crawling" photo's. These seats are SO comfortable... glad I bought it.

11vjlp1.jpg

11bj0b4.jpg

2r2t35c.jpg

ab5j6g.jpg

2ryfteh.jpg

wt8w2f.jpg

when? remember i still dont have a front tow point... never done cleghorn so i dont know what to expect.. if you think im good, im game.

JOe

Very NICE!!

It looks cleaner and nicer than my '99.

btw - if you talk about Cleghorn around here, it's probably won't be a min-run. ;)

E

Elias said:
btw - if you talk about Cleghorn around here, it's probably won't be a min-run. ;)
aint that the truth haha.. cleg can be done in a stock rig if you pick the right lines, dont worry about it. that rig should be more than capable.

as said above, NICE super clean XJ! especially for having 305 on the clock!

I did most of it in my stock Tundra when I had it, and it was in the snow.

Jim, do you run your jeep with no front sway bar all the time?

mattafact said:
I did most of it in my stock Tundra when I had it, and it was in the snow.

Jim, do you run your jeep with no front sway bar all the time?
dont bring that up again!
lol

and yes. quite a few of us do but dont tell anyone :eyes: if your rig is not set up to compensate for it, it can be quite dangerous.
:cheers:

Nice dude, very clean. What are those seats out of?

I'll get the specs from mike, or maybe he will chime in... but yeah, they are bitchin... the material is wierd but in a good way. its almost like a firm spandex or something... water just beads right off it and they stay cool... im diggin' them..

Got the car smogged, registered and insured today... im good to GO!... call me a waxer but its gonna get claybar'd tonight and a fesh coat of wax... if i have paint, i try and keep it clean ( but i'll still wheel it!)

JOe

Take lots of pictures. In three years you will look at them and say "wtf happened?"

Jump This said:
I remember when mine was 'wax worthy'....a long time ago!

Clean rig, lets go get ya' some scratches...

:D
part of your rig is still wax worthy, Rick! too bad its the part that ended up in the scrap pile!

:D

Back