PDA

View Full Version : Show and tell

Kejtar
July 31st, 2008, 08:32
It's coming. It's almost around the corner. It's going to be on August 10th @ Superautobacs in Garden Grove.

So, I got someone working on the vid but if someone can also do a poster board display with some info on JV that'd be great.

Also, does anyone have a projector and screen they can bring?

And, who's coming? I need to get a rough idea on the headcount.

KingOfTheHill
July 31st, 2008, 08:36
Were you able to download my footage off vimeo OK?

Im not familiar enough with what you want on the JV board but my g/f is a wiz with scrap booking and does interior design... so i know she does all those crazy boards... if you have an example, i can ask her?

JOe

RWKHausSupply
July 31st, 2008, 08:43
I SHould be able to offer banner printing for free. We have all the plotters you would ever need, and our color does up to 36" wide format and as long as you need. I believe I have a partial roll of Tyvek still. If you want I will check and confirm. Tyvek is kinda liek a plastic coated weeve that doesnt tear and the ink stays very well. it will run but depends on what gets on it.

I prolly wont make it to the event though, so what ever you wanted on it could be emailed to me then I can overnight ya the banner the next day. I can work with any images (higher res the better), and add any text in any fonts.

Let me know

Kejtar
July 31st, 2008, 09:05
Were you able to download my footage off vimeo OK?

Im not familiar enough with what you want on the JV board but my g/f is a wiz with scrap booking and does interior design... so i know she does all those crazy boards... if you have an example, i can ask her?

JOe
Cool! I'll pass that on to Rick as he might be the best person to come up with a display and I'll verify that the vids have reached the person that's doing the editing.

Thanks!

Kejtar
July 31st, 2008, 09:06
I SHould be able to offer banner printing for free. We have all the plotters you would ever need, and our color does up to 36" wide format and as long as you need. I believe I have a partial roll of Tyvek still. If you want I will check and confirm. Tyvek is kinda liek a plastic coated weeve that doesnt tear and the ink stays very well. it will run but depends on what gets on it.

I prolly wont make it to the event though, so what ever you wanted on it could be emailed to me then I can overnight ya the banner the next day. I can work with any images (higher res the better), and add any text in any fonts.

Let me know
Sweeeet! This might be the right time to get a chapter banner so that folks know who we are :) I'll get back to you in a day or two. Thanks!

Ryno XJ
July 31st, 2008, 09:12
I'm still planning on bringing two XJ's, one modified and one stocker. What is the address, and what time do we need to be there?

cds36
July 31st, 2008, 09:26
If you guys run into any snags on the banner let me know. Dont mind helping you out with the graphics that is.

KingOfTheHill
July 31st, 2008, 09:30
my g/f is having surgery on the 8th... i her mom/aunt/grandma are all nurses... so i may be able to get a "pass" to get some fresh air.... i'll get a for sure or not answer tonight.

JOe

RWKHausSupply
July 31st, 2008, 09:43
well the "banner" will need "eye's" added to it. it will basically be a banner without eyelets. If you wanted a Reusable banner that will last about a yr at a time, I can get it laminated after its printed, but that is outa pocket cost, so would have to figure out payment. I can find out cost if needed though and go from there.

GrimmJeeper
July 31st, 2008, 09:51
i'll be there with my jeep and a lifted dodge 2500 show truck. let me know now if he's not welcome, if he gets there and people talk crap about his truck not going off road he is going to get pissed. i am also trying to get a lifted 62 caddilac limo. remi i have 2 cds full of video ready please PM me your address or figure out a time you can meet up with me.

Kejtar
July 31st, 2008, 10:26
I'll post the time next week (I need to get the time from the Autobac's folks still).

Grimm: I can't promise people wont rib him but I think that folks for most part will be able to behave themselves.

Robert, PM me info on cost for laminated.

OK, I think I got all the replies in this one (I'm on a post diet ;) )

Brendan_91XJ
July 31st, 2008, 10:38
I'll be there

Darky
July 31st, 2008, 11:17
I'll do my best to be there, maybe without XJ though unless someone can tell me why it's broken ;)

silverslk
July 31st, 2008, 11:47
I'll do my best to be there, maybe without XJ though unless someone can tell me why it's broken ;)

Because its a jeep? Because Cory is on base with you?

I vote for the later!!!! :shhh:

Darky
July 31st, 2008, 13:31
Because its a jeep? Because Cory is on base with you?

I vote for the later!!!! :shhh:
Wow, his powers are great, he's never even touched it, as far as I know...hmmm:D

djblade311
July 31st, 2008, 20:46
Sorry I wont be able to help or attend. That date is our wedding anniversary (5yr). :(

4xSanta
August 3rd, 2008, 18:50
Whats new with this?.......SANTA

Darky
August 3rd, 2008, 21:40
Jeep is non-op'd

Ryno XJ
August 5th, 2008, 12:46
Any finalized plans yet? Is it still on?

Kejtar
August 5th, 2008, 13:54
Any finalized plans yet? Is it still on?
It is still on. I should have the time sometime today.

Also... again, does anyone have a projector and screen that they can bring?

GrimmJeeper
August 7th, 2008, 10:32
bump. anyone have a copy of "dust to glory" or something similar i can play on the dvd player in my rig?

any word on the time Remi? going to wash up and wax the beast tomorrow, and fix a wiring problem so i can throw the ps2 back in :D

silverslk
August 7th, 2008, 10:35
going to wash up and wax the beast tomorrow,

Don't do it!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!! haha

GrimmJeeper
August 7th, 2008, 10:40
Don't do it!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!! haha by wash i meant drive through a puddle and by wax i meant... well nothing i guess

haha :cheers:

crazyjim
August 7th, 2008, 10:52
bump. anyone have a copy of "dust to glory" or something similar i can play on the dvd player in my rig?

any word on the time Remi? going to wash up and wax the beast tomorrow, and fix a wiring problem so i can throw the ps2 back in :D
I can probably get you a copy of that... I may be there, maybe not, I'm not sure yet still. Depends on work schedule.

Kejtar
August 7th, 2008, 10:59
I'm playing phone tag with the guy but since they open at 10AM, lets plan to be there at about 9:30 to setup the rigs.

I will have a projector and screen but realized that I might be missing speakers ;) Don't need anything big but some sound would be nice (I'll have a DVD player to play it or a laptop). Also I should have a short loop to play that we can substitute with something else from time to time :)

I got one box of NAXJA cards, it'd be nice to bring some more of anyone has any.

Here's the location info:
http://www.autobacsusa.com/location_stanton.html

silverslk
August 7th, 2008, 11:08
Should I bring a couple of EZ ups? Is someone bringing ice chests with soda/water or anything?

GrimmJeeper
August 7th, 2008, 11:09
I'm playing phone tag with the guy but since they open at 10AM, lets plan to be there at about 9:30 to setup the rigs.

I will have a projector and screen but realized that I might be missing speakers ;) Don't need anything big but some sound would be nice (I'll have a DVD player to play it or a laptop). Also I should have a short loop to play that we can substitute with something else from time to time :)

I got one box of NAXJA cards, it'd be nice to bring some more of anyone has any.

Here's the location info:
http://www.autobacsusa.com/location_stanton.htmli'll bring an amp and a speaker Remi. as long as you can get power there we'll be good to go.

Kejtar
August 7th, 2008, 11:10
Should I bring a couple of EZ ups? Is someone bringing ice chests with soda/water or anything?
I can bring the icechest and I'll pickup the soda and ice from Sam's club across the street :D (can't beat their price on ice ;) ) Another ice chest or two would be nice (the pack of ice is huge that htey have).

EZ ups would be amazing :)

silverslk
August 7th, 2008, 12:22
I have a pretty big ice chest. I'll bring it and you can throw aome ice and water whatever in it too. Oh, and I'll bring EZ ups x2.

crazyjim
August 7th, 2008, 15:25
by wash i meant drive through a puddle and by wax i meant... well nothing i guess

haha :cheers:
Andy will have your copy if I'm not there. You're covered.

GrimmJeeper
August 7th, 2008, 15:32
Andy will have your copy if I'm not there. You're covered. thanks jim!

Kejtar
August 7th, 2008, 17:14
OK, here's the scoop: They open at 10AM so lets be there at about 9:45 so that as soon as they open we can setup. Also we will need extension cords. I can bring 2, but just in case, can someone bring one or two? Also a power strip or 2 might come handy (I think I got one laying around someplace).

GrimmJeeper
August 7th, 2008, 17:16
ive got a power strip that will be coming with my amp and speaker. i'll only need one plug in it to run the amp, i believe there are 4 more plugs available in it.

Kejtar
August 7th, 2008, 17:30
Oh yeah.. those that are coming: if you have a NAXJA t-shirt it'd be great if you could wear it :D

Ryno XJ
August 7th, 2008, 18:24
Does anyone locally have shirts for sale?? What is the address for this place?
I can bring an electrical cord or 2, and I'll bring a case of water. Any idea what kind of turn out (vehicle wise) are we expecting? Well I guess that's enough ?'s for now. See you guys out there.

GrimmJeeper
August 7th, 2008, 18:27
Does anyone locally have shirts for sale?? Remi used to be the shirt dealer, but now that Josh is acting treasurer i believe the socal shwag is under his jurisdiction. PM djblade311

Ryno XJ
August 7th, 2008, 18:29
Remi used to be the shirt dealer, but now that Josh is acting treasurer i believe the socal shwag is under his jurisdiction. PM djblade311

Thanks!

SOCALXJ
August 7th, 2008, 19:00
Remi, it's Druckster... i might stop by on the way back from Cleveland national forest (if we get out of camp fast enough). We just sold our Landcruiser and now have a Sportsmobile.

Kejtar
August 7th, 2008, 20:37
Remi, it's Druckster... i might stop by on the way back from Cleveland national forest (if we get out of camp fast enough). We just sold our Landcruiser and now have a Sportsmobile.
cool come on over.. but you got a what??? :D

SOCALXJ
August 7th, 2008, 22:01
.. but you got a what??? :D

Sold the rig on the left and bought the rig on the right..

http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/41055/2608101300034696539S600x600Q85.jpg

Kejtar
August 7th, 2008, 22:10
Sold the rig on the left and bought the rig on the right..

http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/41055/2608101300034696539S600x600Q85.jpg
I was afraid of that... Druckster... come back to the light side....... buy a ... JEEP :D

silverslk
August 8th, 2008, 08:45
I've got a couple 50ft extension cords and a 4 foot long power strip. I can bring. Let me know because I don't want to bring it if its not used because we'll have a crappy looking setup with stuff laying everywhere.

Kejtar
August 8th, 2008, 09:14
I've got a couple 50ft extension cords and a 4 foot long power strip. I can bring. Let me know because I don't want to bring it if its not used because we'll have a crappy looking setup with stuff laying everywhere.
Bring 1 just in case and 1 power strip. I'm not 100% sure where they will place us so that means I'm unsure about cord needs.

ruggedjeep
August 8th, 2008, 10:02
I was afraid of that... Druckster... come back to the light side....... buy a ... JEEP :D
... Or do the right thing and have both :D
The new tow rig :D
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d122/ruggedjeep/Sportsmobile/DSC01987.jpg

SOCALXJ
August 8th, 2008, 10:47

We have both... there's a TJ at home :D

TheWarWagon
August 8th, 2008, 11:42
If that thing doesn't scream "Free Candy Kids", I don't know what does. Other than that, I'll be there tomorrow on my bike. Afterparty at the strip club down the street?

Kejtar
August 8th, 2008, 12:58
Remi used to be the shirt dealer, but now that Josh is acting treasurer i believe the socal shwag is under his jurisdiction. PM djblade311
I still have a selection of shirts (already traded messages with Ryno) and I will bring the box with me to show and tell for those that need them ;) I am low on certain sizes though.

cracker
August 8th, 2008, 13:29
We have both... there's a TJ at home :D

But you got the gas van :puke:

Kejtar
August 8th, 2008, 15:03
I got a projector. Does anyone have a screen they can bring?

mikedashg
August 8th, 2008, 15:14
But you got the gas van :puke:

It has pro rock 60's and an atlas :D

4xSanta
August 8th, 2008, 20:25
Who's showing for this thing?.....SANTA

GrimmJeeper
August 8th, 2008, 20:33
Who's showing for this thing?.....SANTA me + 04 1/2 dodge 2500 diesel that runs 13 second 1/4 mile passes :D

Kejtar
August 8th, 2008, 20:36
Who's showing for this thing?.....SANTA
I guess since I called it... I gotta show up ;) I might not be too awake in the beginning as I got a monthly training session for S&R and this one is supposed to be a night op..... So... someone bring some caffeine for me :D

BajaCurt
August 8th, 2008, 21:05
I'll be there
Grimm, is someone bringing Dust to Glory for you?
If not I have it and a Top Truck Challenge DVD that I can bring if you want.

GrimmJeeper
August 8th, 2008, 21:07
I'll be there
Grimm, is someone bringing Dust to Glory for you?
If not I have it and a Top Truck Challenge DVD that I can bring if you want. i think jim has it handled? maybe bring it just in case. i want D2G because i want to show off the desert scene more than anything, because thats what my truck is more setup for. thanks Curt!

:cheers:

Ryno XJ
August 8th, 2008, 21:11
I'll be there +3 and both XJs.
Curt, bring both dvds, I might show one in my rig.

tcm glx
August 8th, 2008, 22:09
Dammit, I wish I could go, but heading out of town again......new job is creating quite a bit of traveling!!

:(

Kejtar
August 8th, 2008, 22:13
Dammit, I wish I could go, but heading out of town again......new job is creating quite a bit of traveling!!

that sucks... oh well.. next time? :)

silverslk
August 9th, 2008, 00:01

Dude, I'll bring it down for you. Way better looking and built than my heep.

crazyjim
August 9th, 2008, 01:46
i think jim has it handled? maybe bring it just in case. i want D2G because i want to show off the desert scene more than anything, because thats what my truck is more setup for. thanks Curt!

Yea I dropped off a copy at andy's place... he'll bring it. It doesn't look like I'll be making this one :(

KingOfTheHill
August 9th, 2008, 11:18
my g/f was supposed to be discharged from the hospital yesterday but there were some minor complications... so were here again today... i gotta be here with her.

Have fun guys.

JOe

GrimmJeeper
August 9th, 2008, 11:23
my g/f was supposed to be discharged from the hospital yesterday but there were some minor complications... so were here again today... i gotta be here with her.

Have fun guys.

JOehopefully she heals up quick! its not till tomorrow Joe!

KingOfTheHill
August 9th, 2008, 11:29
OH!... well in that case i should be able to attend still!!!!!!!

being here all week, im all out of wack on time... but sweet!.
JOe

BajaCurt
August 9th, 2008, 13:43
its not till tomorrow Joe!

Joe, Don't feel bad for mixing up the dates man. I arrived there at 9:40 this morning and when no other XJs were in the parking lot I knew instantly it was the wrong day. So I logged onto NAXJA and saw that yes it's really on Sunday.
I am such a :dunce: at times!!

So I hit the Pick A Part on Beach and scored 2 more sets of LeBaron hood vents and a glovebox door to use to mount my GPS. Then I can swap glovebox doors when I want to use the GPS.

Now back to the show and tell. I can bring a couple small tables if they are needed.

Monkey55
August 9th, 2008, 14:08
Joe, Don't feel bad for mixing up the dates man. I arrived there at 9:40 this morning and when no other XJs were in the parking lot I knew instantly it was the wrong day. So I logged onto NAXJA and saw that yes it's really on Sunday.

So I hit the Pick A Part on Beach and scored 2 more sets of LeBaron hood vents ....

LOL. Now that is classic.. :laugh3:

E

Kejtar
August 9th, 2008, 15:01

So I hit the Pick A Part on Beach and scored 2 more sets of LeBaron hood vents and a glovebox door to use to mount my GPS. Then I can swap glovebox doors when I want to use the GPS.

Now back to the show and tell. I can bring a couple small tables if they are needed.
Couple small might be nice. I'll be bringing a bigger one :)

Brendan_91XJ
August 9th, 2008, 17:36
I'll be there with the Family.

Don't forget your chairs people, this is in a parking lot after all. :D

Kejtar
August 9th, 2008, 22:25
So does anyone have a projector screen? Or am I improvising?

jsolorza
August 9th, 2008, 23:10
I'll come clean I showed up today, no jeeps or offroad vehicles. So I call Mike (Grimm) and asked him when the show and tell was happening, Then acting cool I tell him I knew that just making sure. Anyways just got back from Texas friday night, now I have to work tommorow Sunday.

thanks
Jose Solorza

GrimmJeeper
August 10th, 2008, 07:47
ok guys, this event is TODAY :D

Jump This
August 10th, 2008, 07:50
ok guys, this event is TODAY :D

WAIT!!
I thaught it was tomorrow........fuk!!
I guess I'll miss this one then.

:D

Brendan_91XJ
August 10th, 2008, 09:08
WAIT!!
I thaught it was tomorrow........fuk!!
I guess I'll miss this one then.
No, Yesterday it was Tomorrow, Tomorrow it would have been Yesterday, but Today it is Today!:confused1

Kejtar
August 10th, 2008, 17:41
Thanks to all for coming. We had over 10 rigs out there and it was fun. Had some interest towards the end of the day (lesson 1: Sundays folks stay at home ;) )

We got to talk to some folks and eat some Birthday Cake :)

Jump This
August 10th, 2008, 17:59
Thanks to all for coming.

We got to talk to some folks and eat some Birthday Cake :)

Wait....Dean spent his birthday at the Show and Tell?
that is dedication!
Kinda' pathetic, but still very dedicated....

Kejtar
August 10th, 2008, 18:25
http://i36.tinypic.com/2r421xu.jpg

Ryno XJ
August 10th, 2008, 18:32
Just got home, and I am wiped out! That's a long drive without doors!
Had a great time today, It was great seeing the looks on the "import" guys faces. Thanks to everyone for making it a great B-day for me.

scottmcneal
August 10th, 2008, 18:51
, It was great seeing the looks on the "import" guys faces, when i parked on top of the ricers. Thanks to everyone for making it a great B-day for me.

Fixed it for you

Jump This
August 10th, 2008, 19:07
http://i36.tinypic.com/2r421xu.jpg
Was that taken during the rush?

scottmcneal
August 10th, 2008, 19:18
I love the CUP, i take it you got a leak?

4xSanta
August 10th, 2008, 19:21

Nothin leaks as long as u don't move the cup.........SANTA

scottmcneal
August 10th, 2008, 19:24
I think you did a nice thing catching it.. If more people would think about the leaks they have, it would be a cleaner place.. Thank you for showing people that we aren't all jerks...

juryrigjalopy
August 10th, 2008, 19:35
Nothin leaks as long as u don't move the cup.........SANTA

Santa doesn't leak either....as long as you don't move his ultra absorbant depends.

scottmcneal
August 10th, 2008, 19:41
Santa doesn't leak either....as long as you don't move his ultra absorbant depends.

Thats funny, but at his age he would leak i guess :moon:

juryrigjalopy
August 10th, 2008, 19:48
Thats funny, but at his age he would leak i guess :moon:

He's getting one of these for Christmas so that we dont have to change him all the time.

http://www.pciraceradios.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=3739736551072891137
http://www.pciraceradios.com/product_images/71th.jpg

Ryno XJ
August 10th, 2008, 21:12

That was the blood of the import that got in Santa's way!!

:gee:

BajaCurt
August 10th, 2008, 21:33
That was the blood of the import that got in Santa's way!!

:gee:
Either blood or urine when this Lexus realized Santa's front tire was farther off the ground than it's carbon fiber hood!! And notice the tow point coming out of the front bumper on the Lexus. Brendan said it best when he said it's not a tow point....it's the key to wind up the spring that powers it LOL
He was a nice guy though and is planning to ride shotgun at Azusa.

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/67818/029a.jpg

GrimmJeeper
August 10th, 2008, 21:35
i had a great time today, i consider it a success if we all get together and hang out.. i even gave out a few naxja cards and talked to people about joining up on the site. it was good to see everyone again, and i hope we can do something like this again soon.

i know i should have resized this pic but it doesnt look anywhere near as cool any smaller than this... Brendan if you want the full size copy hit me up and i'll email it too ya.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w37/grimmpics/photoshops/brendanBW.jpg

BajaCurt
August 10th, 2008, 21:37
here's a closer view of the Lexus wind up key
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/67818/030a.jpg

BajaCurt
August 10th, 2008, 21:58
Here are a few more pics and a link to all of them.
I even got the birthday boy patiently waiting for his piece of cake.
And it was great to see E and the wife and baby and also Craig and his little woody....let me rephrase that Craig and his Cherokee Wagoneer

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/67818/006a.jpg

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/67818/012a.jpg

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/67818/021a.jpg

And here's Ted in Rino's rig saying "damn I wish I would have bought an XJ"
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/67818/018a.jpg

http://flickr.com/photos/bajacurt/sets/72157606660107684/

cracker
August 10th, 2008, 22:14
i had a great time today, i consider it a success if we all get together and hang out.. i even gave out a few naxja cards and talked to people about joining up on the site. it was good to see everyone again, and i hope we can do something like this again soon.

i know i should have resized this pic but it doesnt look anywhere near as cool any smaller than this... Brendan if you want the full size copy hit me up and i'll email it too ya.

Nice pic mike ;)

GrimmJeeper
August 10th, 2008, 22:17
Nice pic mike ;) thanks! :D

Brendan_91XJ
August 10th, 2008, 22:20
Brendan if you want the full size copy hit me up and i'll email it too ya.

:DNice, and Yes, I'll take a copy
send it to bpking@charter.net

cracker
August 10th, 2008, 22:58
Nice, and Yes, I'll take a copy
send it to bpking@charter.net

x2

Do you have it in 1280 x 1024? Could be a good background :D

cracker@naxja.org

djblade311
August 10th, 2008, 23:03
yea it was slow there today but I had fun seeing everyone and shooting the chit chat. Sat's would be better as well as some free advertising elsewhere. It was probably slow because Remi's rig was in clear site and noone wanted to come close to the rabid polish chicken.

I wished we could ahve had lots of raffle tickets for the Moab giveaway to sell there.

hopefully we can have more planning and prep next year.

Kejtar
August 10th, 2008, 23:06
yea it was slow there today but I had fun seeing everyone and shooting the chit chat. Sat's would be better as well as some free advertising elsewhere. It was probably slow because Remi's rig was in clear site and noone wanted to come close to the rabid polish chicken.

I wished we could ahve had lots of raffle tickets for the Moab giveaway to sell there.

Yup. I figure for a test run it worked out great :) and yes.. I agree Sat is definately a better day to do it.

GrimmJeeper
August 10th, 2008, 23:08
x2

Do you have it in 1280 x 1024? Could be a good background :D

cracker@naxja.org you can resize it as you see fit.. i think its around 2200x2400 or something. :D

email sent.

Wrongbeach_XJ
August 10th, 2008, 23:18
I was a late attendee but i'm glad i made it out, got to meet some cool people and check out some nice rigs.

Monkey55
August 10th, 2008, 23:33
Here are a few more pics and a link to all of them.
I even got the birthday boy patiently waiting for his piece of cake.
And it was great to see E and the wife and baby and also Craig and his little woody....let me rephrase that Craig and his Cherokee Wagoneer

It was good to see you guys and bring my wifey and Little Buddy too. Nathan did what babies do best.. he slept, he ate, and he pooped.. ;) I've been telling people that I can't wait til he's old enough to strap him in and hit the trail.. :D

We'll have to see what the next two years hold for me because, as some of you know, I'm going back to school full time to finish up my BA....... which most of you don't know is that I started school 5 weeks ago. That's why I haven't been around too much.. :paperwork

Overall, I think future Show & Tells can be a good way to educate the public about off-roading and NAXJA. Even though we didn't have crowds, I can foresee future events being much bigger in regards to public interest.

Keep it up Remi and everyone else who helped getting this project rolling..

E

djblade311
August 11th, 2008, 08:12
yea Grimm had an idea and mentioned that if we wanted this event to be huge, to open it up to all 4x4's rather than just XJs. Now with an open invitation comes more work and probably more good and bad apples but it depends how far we want to take it.

Ryno XJ
August 11th, 2008, 08:14
It was a good start, the show and tell theme will work. Even though it was not real busy, we all talked to several people that knew nothing of off-road activities. To see the looks of people when they checked out the tire on tire action was great, they had never seen that before. Thanks to Remi for setting it up, and to all that helped and participated.

Kejtar
August 11th, 2008, 08:17
yea Grimm had an idea and mentioned that if we wanted this event to be huge, to open it up to all 4x4's rather than just XJs. Now with an open invitation comes more work and probably more good and bad apples but it depends how far we want to take it.
We want to make it big and open up but for the first one I didn't want to overadvertise and come up short.
Here's another thought:
Video idea is great BUT if it's going to be projected (I didn't even set up the projector) we need to make sure we don't deal with too much brightness.

toyotawrench
August 11th, 2008, 08:49
here's Ted in Rino's rig saying "damn I wish I would have bought an XJ"
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/67818/018a.jpg

BASTARD! :sad1:

soon enough soon enough...

I was thinking 2door, but after seeing rynos, i'm definitly going to be in the market for a 2 door.

And it was good seeing all the people havnt seein in a while. And meeting ryno and his wife, super good people there. Glad everyone got home safe. Hope to see you all again soon.

peace
ted

Brendan_91XJ
August 11th, 2008, 17:49
Video idea is great BUT if it's going to be projected (I didn't even set up the projector) we need to make sure we don't deal with too much brightness.

The projector thing would have never worked outside. Here is an Idea, if you could set it up in the front area of the store more folks may come out and talk.

Hopefully sooner than that.

Brendan_91XJ
August 12th, 2008, 15:15
I took out the Lic Plate, looks a little cleaner now.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z305/bpking_42/JeepBW.jpg

cracker
August 12th, 2008, 15:26

It does. Good job :thumbup:

GrimmJeeper
August 12th, 2008, 15:31
hey! that lic plate had artistic signifigance! you ruined the integrity of my art!

nice work :cheers:

Ryno XJ
August 12th, 2008, 16:45
Copyright infringement!!!! LOL!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Brendan_91XJ
August 12th, 2008, 16:48
Copyright infringement!!!! LOL!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Alright I will call my lawyer first thing in the morning...
After all it is my Jeep :D

Monkey55
August 12th, 2008, 17:08
After all it is my Jeep :D

True... BUT you were in a public place. Therefore, the person who took the picture "owns" the picture.. However, they can't defame you or represent you in a negative way unless that's how you presented yourself. ;)

Although, Grimm gave you the pic, which he offered it publicly. So, I think you might be ok Brendan.. :D

Don't ask me how I know about all that legal stuff..

E

Jump This
August 12th, 2008, 17:10
It does. Good job :thumbup:

You asshats!
At least take out the farkin' chairs......
remove the foot, add some rocks?

'NAXJA we can mall crawl with the best of em'

Jump This
August 12th, 2008, 17:11

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z305/bpking_42/JeepBW.jpg

cracker
August 12th, 2008, 17:12
Rick, you suck at the internet :D

Jump This
August 12th, 2008, 17:14
Rick, you suck at the internet :D

Photoshop isn't 'internet' is it?
Or am I guilty of some other foul....

cracker
August 12th, 2008, 17:17
Photoshop isn't 'internet' is it?
Or am I guilty of some other foul....

There is always going to be some other fowl.

GrimmJeeper
August 12th, 2008, 17:19
You asshats! you cant say asshat anymore :twak: it has to be "butthat" now

Jump This
August 12th, 2008, 17:20
There is always going to be some other fowl.

Hey, was that another slap at Remi?

You know, that whole turkey or whatever he has painted on his hood...

Jump This
August 12th, 2008, 17:22
you cant say asshat anymore :twak: it has to be "butthat" now

It doesn't have the same ring to it..
I don't supose *sucktard* is going to be acceptable now either...

suk...

GrimmJeeper
August 12th, 2008, 17:23
I don't supose *****tard* is going to be acceptable now either...

Fuk...

:D :shocked:!!!!! my young ears!!!! err... eyes.

cracker
August 12th, 2008, 17:38
BAD WORDS......EAR MUFFS :listenmus

Jump This
August 12th, 2008, 19:44
I don't supose *sucktard* is going to be acceptable now either...

suk...

You know I like bass fishing.....
toss out a worm (I use artificials), give it a tug, kinda' bounce it along the bottom, looking for some dumb ass fish to pick it up.
When they do....SET THE HOOK!!

Robert felt it nesc. to edit my post for language, can't type fuktard, or or or...
Robert you have totally lost it.

:twak:

GrimmJeeper
August 12th, 2008, 19:46
sigh...:doh:

Darky
August 12th, 2008, 19:57
Robert felt it nesc. to edit my post for language, can't type fuktard, or or or...
Robert you have totally lost it.

:twak:
Actually, um he was just enforcing the rules he said were going to be enforced. Profanity isn't in line with the rules, even if you add tard after the word...:)

Jump This
August 13th, 2008, 06:48
Actually, um he was just enforcing the rules he said were going to be enforced. Profanity isn't in line with the rules, even if you add tard after the word...:)

YOu corksukker!
Farggin' ice hole.....somofabitch!

Who asked him to enforce any rules anyway
okay, so there was that 'electing him President thing...

Phughk him....

GrimmJeeper
August 13th, 2008, 06:50
..post reported for language.

Darky
August 13th, 2008, 07:19
YOu corksukker!
Farggin' ice hole.....somofabitch!

Who asked him to enforce any rules anyway
okay, so there was that 'electing him President thing...

Phughk him....

What movie was that, I forgot except that he was a gangster and it was funny.

hellbilly04
August 13th, 2008, 07:25
Johnny Dangerously you bastage....:D

What movie was that, I forgot except that he was a gangster and it was funny.

rpraterxj
August 13th, 2008, 07:37
Johnny Dangerously you bastage....:D

Billy - you beat me to it.

LOL... "You shouldn"t shoot me Johnny. My mother shot me once.....just once"....

Great movie!

Rick you are funny.

Grimm - thanks for reporting.... LOL

!!!1 !!!1 !!!1

djblade311
August 13th, 2008, 08:18
and just for those who think they are clever, dont report every post by hellbilly just because "hell" is in his name. haha

silverslk
August 13th, 2008, 08:23
and just for those who think they are clever, dont report every post by hellbilly just because "hell" is in his name. haha

So usernames are exempt? If so, I wanna be SilvermuthaF*<kingK....haha

hellbilly04
August 13th, 2008, 08:33
report every post by me please as I have not been picked on for a few days & not feeling loved lately..

djblade311
August 13th, 2008, 08:45
So usernames are exempt? If so, I wanna be SilvermuthaF*<kingK....haha

give em an inch and they take a mile.....:doh:

hehe

TheWarWagon
August 13th, 2008, 09:18
Lets get another little parking lot show going people. Maybe a couple months further down the line. It's not like it would be hard for us to get a bunch of people to show up. Hell, with the Azusa run and Ben's Big Bear deal coming up- we'll have plenty of recent footage of us running our jeeps. Come on Remi, lets do it even bigger and better. Flyers, word of mouth, etc. I'll even run around OC dropping off flyers at cycle shops, parts houses, offroad shops, etc.

Brendan_91XJ
August 13th, 2008, 13:01
You asshats!
At least take out the farkin' chairs......
remove the foot, add some rocks?

'NAXJA we can mall crawl with the best of em'

Lost the foot and chair, and we are park'd on a big rock (asphalt)
and someone went fron bling wheels to Santa's bead locks

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z305/bpking_42/JeepBW2.jpg

djblade311
August 13th, 2008, 13:51
haha. not bad at all. Santa's front fender looks a little funny but nice job! Now you should add some hot chicks to it and it would be complete