• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Single Handed Re Drop Bracket Install

anotherskait

NAXJA Forum User
So I was planning on installing some RE Drop Brackets (and other misc goodies) this weekend, but unfortunately my helping hands just bailed out on me.

I live in an apartment in downtown DC and don't have my own garage, but have a friend who is willing to let me use theirs for the weekend.

Here's the question: Is it possible to install this solo? How complicated does it get and is a second pair of hands necessary? Is it even worth it to try this? My friend will be around, watching his kid, so I'm not worried about safety issues, what happens if the rig falls on me, etc... just wondering if it's worth it to try or if I should postpone until theres more people around.

Who's done this before? Is it possible to install em solo?

I did an RE lift and DakPak install solo. No drop brackets jus the control arms and springs front and rear.

It was a long weekend for me but It was do able. I had to get creative with the ratchet straps to help get the front axle into place to get the control arm bolts back in.

Things that go wrong might be a broken socket... Trip to the store. Broken Bolt. Another trip to the store. If your rig is a clean AZ type it will be easier than the rust belt rig where everything can be a challenge. Dealing with things that go wrong is what takes soo much time.

Air tools help alot...sometimes a fire wrench is useful.

I had my wife help bleed the rear brakes but that was the only help that I had.

I did my RC drop brackets alone and it was easy and safe.
Only remove one side at a time and theres no need for jacks or jackstands.
Just remove the upper and only the frame on the lower.
Mkake sure to chock the wheels real goog and there should be no problems.You may want to have a heavy duty rachet strap or a come a long handy to help move the axle front or back.

Back