• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1993 Dashboard

jt_armstrong

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have 1993 2.5l XJ which is fantastic shape - except the dasboard. The jeep has lot history having been first used in California then exported to Germany then the UK before being taken by me to Sweden where I use it as my vacation runabout. Body and chassis are rust free and other than an alternator and thermostat I haven't had to replace anything. It starts first time evrytime (even at minus 30C). As you can see I am very reluctant to replace it. I currently work in the US and I am keen to build up a stock of critical parts that may need replacing in the future (parts in Sweden are bout 4x more expensive than in the US). However no matter how good it looks or sound it is mechanicly when you get in the dash looks terrible. It is cracked, the glove box won't shut and the instrument panel is one of those ones for dummies. Multiple visits to scrap yards have failed to turn up a good one. Can anyone advise what my options are? Are replacements available or can I use one from a younger model?

You can use any "dash" meaning glovebox, top of dash, from any XJ 84-96. You said your gauges has dummy lights.... You could use one from 91-96, but if you cant find a 2.5 xj with full gauges, you can use 4.0 gauges, but your tachometer will be off. If you decide to change your clusters you will need to change your oil temp sender and water temp sensors for the GAUGES. Everything else is plug and play. Good luck in your search.

Back