• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Two guys tried to steal my jeep last night

IMORTL

NAXJA Member #1156
Two guys tried to steal my jeep last night.
Neighbors son saw them at 4 am. Yelled at them and chased in truck to try to get Lic #. Didn’t get it...

Stole radio/CD player
Destroyed dash and steering column trying to start it.
Just happy they didn’t get away with it...

Ken

Now those are some good neighbors.... most of mine would have been the guys stealing everything.

Glad they didnt make off with your rig, sorry bout ur stuff

Damn dude that sucks. I hate those theving bastards. Lucky you have aneighbor that actually did something and did just stnad by and watch it happen.

Do you have an alarm or anything on the Jeep?

Corona is right next door. Im always worried about that in Rivercide.

I wonder if they searched NAXJA for hints "lost ignition key"....I kinda found out that they are somewhat easy steal after my ignition key stopped working.

Back in the day, someone tried to steal my radio and speakers out of my old blazer but they were liquid nailed into the aluminum dash, I think that it really pissed em off because they broke the windwing and the driver window....while the back window was unlocked. Sometimes juryriging things works out for the better.

Dude, that sucks glad to hear they didn't get the whole Jeep. Also great to know there are still people that try to help out. Buy a beer for your neighbor(if you haven't already!)

I've got a '04 TJ radio/CD you can have, or my stock '99 radio/cassette, if you need one and can make it fit.

silverslk said:
Do you have an ignition cut?

Bingo! we have a winner... they had completly broke the ignition key and turned it... but my jeep always starts with out the key... but not without the ingition fob... i believe that is the reason they didnt get away with it...

insurance will pay for everything to get fixed... thats why i have it...

-- they didnt take:
digital camera in center console
tools in rear

juryrigjalopy said:
I wonder if they searched NAXJA for hints "lost ignition key"....I kinda found out that they are somewhat easy steal after my ignition key stopped working.

Back in the day, someone tried to steal my radio and speakers out of my old blazer but they were liquid nailed into the aluminum dash, I think that it really pissed em off because they broke the windwing and the driver window....while the back window was unlocked. Sometimes juryriging things works out for the better.

I have an 89 suzuki sidekick that my wife drove when she was in high school. I had installed a nice pioneer deck and strapped it to the firewall. I had also just installed a brand new soft top. These jerks burned a hole threw the plastic window to unlock the front doors. Use the zipper... Then they couldnt get the radio out so they destroyed the dash. There was blood all over the inside. And you could see finger prints and the prints from the soles of his shoes as they were trying to pull the radio out of the dash...

x2 on the good nieghbors. I recently had a gas can, highlift, and pump stolen from my Scrambler. Right in my driveway. The nieghbors told me that my doberman was freaking out, but they decided to not go outside and see why.

Sucks nonetheless. Glad you have insurance to cover it!

Bummer to hear, I have had my Jeep broken into twice, once at church, they got a few tools, a lot of CD's and my fav cologne

Second time in my driveway, got A LOT of tools, stereo, but left my $200 skateboard...

You said your insurance will take care of it?

How?

Wish mine would have, but I didnt really have much damage, just stolen goods.

Tommy_M said:
I recently had a gas can stolen from my Scrambler.

I had that issue not too long ago. They stole a plastic 5 gallon can, drained it and threw the can back. So I took it, filled it with water, put it back. Lo and behold, it was stolen a few days later! Same M.O. Never happened again....
:firedevil

Damn that sucks Ken! Get an alarm thrown on that bad boy if she's sleeping outside!

I recently had someone break into my expedition and take my Mobil Navigation system. I am pissed those FUCKEN JACKASS'S!!!!

Rich PM Coming!!!!

tharlanjr said:
Bummer to hear, I have had my Jeep broken into twice, once at church, they got a few tools, a lot of CD's and my fav cologne

Now just go find a lowlife that smells like you and get your stuff back.

Dam that really sucks, someone stole my freaking horns and D rings on my front bumper if you can believe that. So I had to tack weld my lights and just about everything else that could easily be stolen. WTF who steals horns

Bummer Ken, sorry to hear that.

Back