• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Free Fuel Guage Fix...Whoo Hoo!!!

Big_Al

NAXJA Forum User
Well I discovered today as I priced a new fuel guage sending unit that there is a recall on my 97 XJ. So the kind folks at jeep will be changing out my sending unit for me on their dime.:) Only trouble is they ask that the tank be at 1/2 or less. Wouldn't you know I just filled her up.... Oh well, another excuse to drive the jeep. Al

Yah I found ou the same thing a while back and asked them to do it and they wanted $90 bucks to do it cuz of my dual exhaust set up that I have and they couldn't gaurantee they could put it back on after they removed it. gaaayyy but whatever mine reads good right now anyway just hope there is no expiration date on those recalls.

I know my 97 XJ has had me underneath the truck sniffing the gravel for gasoline on a couple occasions thinking my half tank mysteriously drained out and reading empty! How did you find out about the recall...and if it's still current?

Can someone explain this to me? If there is a recall on a vehicle, even if you aren't the original owner, you can still get a fix for it??

recalls are free no matter who owns the vehicle or how old it is, because no matter what, the manufacturer would be liable if it was a safety recall.

To find out if there is a recall, you simply call or go by the dealership and supply them with the vin# and they can tell you. The dealership gets re-embursed by the manufacturer for the repairs so they like recalls. Good for their bussiness. Customer gets their ride fixed and usally leaves feeling like they(me) got something for nothing. :)HTH....Al

is there a website i can go to to check if i have any recalls?

Big_Al what part of gaston co. do you live?

Back