• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Turned Off

BgGrnXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Was driving back from the lake yesterday in my daily driver ('00 Grand Cherokee 4.7L) and it cut off with no warning, i was coasting when it happened so I didn't even notice it until I hit the gas, the radio stayed on and everything. I put it in neutral and tried to start it and the starter is working but the engine isn't even trying to turn over, and yes it does have a half tank of gas in it. I parked it waited a while and tried again and still nothing. Any suggestions before I take it somewhere.

My '98 died on the interstate at 80 MPH without warning. Everything worked just fine, it just would not start. After towing in to the shop, turned out one of the sensors worked itself loose (speed sensor, or some position sensor) and after tightening back up, it all ran fine.

Just an idea.

Is the CPS on the driver side of the transmission on the grand cherokee? Sorry for the Grand Cherokee posts since this is technically an XJ forum

I got the OBDII Code P0725 which says Engine Speed Input Circuit Malfunction. Does anyone know what this is the code for or how I can figure it out.

Sorry to highjack this thread but my 96 Grand did the same thing. We couldn't get a code pulled up tho. We've been thinking all along that it was the keyway on the camshaft (so we've been putting off and putting off).

The starter is spinning something over but there's no compression. Is this the same thing you guys have been experiencing?

Even for an Ebay Jeep, 145000 miles is a little soon for a keyway or a timing chain don't you think?

Its been in time out since May.

classic CPS sensor symptom

FYI, it wasn't the crank position sensor. TOday's "throw money at it 'til its fixed" plan is to replace the camshaft position sensor (cap and rotor too). If that doesn't work, a new computer may be in order.

replaced the crank position sensor and nothing happened, took it to the dealership and they said the the pcm needs to be replaced. anyone have experience with this, where to get one and how difficult it is to do?

Back