• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best paint for metal parts?

BigMike80

NAXJA Forum User
I wasn't sure where to put this so I figured I would bother you guys with another of my questions. I've got a few metal parts (track bar and d-ring shackles) that I want to paint. I would like to know what you guys recommend using that will be durable and in a glossy finish (something like a powder coat finish). I could bake the d-rings but my oven isn't big enough to fit the trackbar.

Thanks for any info.

Mike

This probably belongs in the paint and body forum. ;)

I use the cheapest black spray paint I can find, and touch it up every couple of years .. when i touch up my doors, fenders, bumpers, etc. and put new band-aids over the jeeps open wounds.

Dp 90 is the best in my opioion. Kinda expensive for the amount you need, but really good.

powder coating really is cheap (IMO, and where i live)....

if you want a "Gloss like finish" take it to an automotive paintshop and slip one of the painters a few bucks or some beer.... done this several times and usually always works.... you also meet good "connections" for later projects.

other than that, Rustoleum BBQ paints work well for me

JOe

Rustoleum Hammered Black.

Thats the BS Fab's color. We use it on everything :D

At HD there are cans of flat black for $.99. They work great.

Last edited:
Back