• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help!!!

89cherokeexj

NAXJA Forum User
Got a steering column from dennis, thanks man. Anyways I got it in, go to go and start the Jeep and nothing happens. No click no turning over nothing!!! All I can hear is the fuel pump and I can watch the guages move. I am getting real frustrated, just dont know what could be the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

The key cylinder seems to be working fine, I just dont know anymore....

Dont see any wires that are broken, like I said not that I can SEE! The only thing that isn't pluuged in is the cruise control, that dont matter, so I dont know what is going on..

neutral safety switch?

if you turn the key to the "On" position before the spring load, can you arc it to start the car?

JOe

might be the ignition switch is bad. Not the key cylinder...the switch that is mounted down low on the column.

Tim D.

The ignition switch on the column needs to be adjusted.

It is under the column has a metal rod going to it. It also has 2 screws on it. Lay on the drivers floor on you back under he dash and look up at the colum, you will see it.

Thanks guys for all the feedback, I FINALLY got it. The adjustment was wrong, so now I can drive the Jeep again, big thanks to dennis for the steering column, that guy always has some way to save my life!!! THANKS MAN I really do aprreciate it..

89cherokeexj said:
Thanks guys for all the feedback, I FINALLY got it. The adjustment was wrong, so now I can drive the Jeep again, big thanks to dennis for the steering column, that guy always has some way to save my life!!! THANKS MAN I really do aprreciate it..

No prob man, glad that someone could use it.

Back