• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remote Key?

Muddy-93

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possibel to get a new remote-key for the overhead-console? And how much will it set me back? Is there in any way possible to program an IR-remote to work as a key?

Both of my remotes died, so I bought a new complete set of aftermarket remotes from E-bay. I put the controller up in the overhead console. Remove the old IR circuit board from the overhead and use the four wires that went to it. One wire is Positive batt. one wire is Neg. batt. the other one is the signal to OPEN the locks and the fourth is the wire that CLOSES the locks. Mine work great and with shippinig the whole package cost about $40.00 IIRC.

Muddy-93 said:
Thanks. I'll check it out. Do you now the color-coding of the wires?

Not really, you'll have to check them with a meter. Probably one is red and another black and are battery positive and battery negative. To test the other two touch one to the batt. plus wire. It will either open or close the locks!

Back