• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj alergic to water?

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
the past two times it rained my "check engine" light has came on. once it said "P0138 O2 sensor circuit highvolts bank 1 sensor 2" and also "P1682 manuf. control Aux. output Aux. input" the jeep would bog down some on take off and sometimes on hill going slow. switched the O2 on my cat. and cleared the code. checked it again today said the same "bank1 sensor2" but no light. went to take a buddy home and it came on again. havent checked it this time. (will in the am)
i have no clue what would cause it to do this. i did put spacers in the hood other day but it didnt have it on there the first time.

any help would be thanked.

AJ

Water getting into the connector where the O2 sensor plugs into the harness or a damaged pigtail on the O2 sensor itself maybe?

i checked it after installing the O2 about an hour later (before it rained) and it said same thing. guy at advanced said to replace the one on the intake?? and the one on the manifold. i dont think my jeep has an O2 on the intake? the rear o2 has a water proof plug that came with it

There are quite a few threads that mention damaged wiring to the O2 sensor causing intermittent funky issues.(sorry no personal experience here, thank you very much)

PS: Stay away from that guy at Advanced Auto.

maybe he meant the one on the intake side? ie the downpipe o2 on newer 4.0's, and NOT the exhaust side one (the one on the cat)?

not sure, but sometimes communication is the weakest link

dont be so harsh on parts counter people, OR pay more for parts to keep good experienced professionals behind the counter fetching starters and waterpumps.

the o2 was a universal. went back and exchanged it for one thats made for the jeep. how long does it take for it to run like normal? instantly?

i'm such a dumb@$$, i always check the hardest stuff first. went thru my hanes book and thru my manual and found an O2 sensor fuse. the fuse was bad. swithed it and its back to normal.

Back