• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Final word on the Rock Garden

Jump This

Just another minion!
What a great day!
Well, almost all of the day!

What started out as an idea just to have a Cherokee only event (blame it on Dean!) turned out to be a fantastic fundraiser!

If I even tried to thank everyone who helped make it happen, I know I'd forget someone and someone would get all butthurt, so I will thank EVERYONE!!

EVERYONE thank you!

My son said it best when he said that the group as a whole was the nicest and most fun people he has ever hung out with (he did however miss Kyung!)
The cheers he heard when he made an obstacle really helped cement that opinion (he didn't believe me when I told him that you all were just surprised he any clue how to drive!)

I'd like to thank the staff of the Rockgarden, Scott and his crew never had even half as many rigs there before, and aside from the last half hour, they handled it very well. It has been said before, but after talking with Scott for sometime I feel confident that there will no longer be those kinds of problems at the Rockgarden.

I'd also like to thank Dave Cole for coming out. He had just returned from a not so stellar weekend of competition wheelin' and could have understandably bugged out of coming down, but he didn't. It shows me what kind of a guy he is and only serves to build my confidence in the FOJV organization.

As to the fundraising part, we earned over $1000 for the cause! And as far as I know we are the first fundraiser held specifically for keeping JV open.
You all make me proud to say I represent you!

It is my hope that we can have an official NAXJA event at the Rockgarden.
Another fundraiser too!

I have heard through the grapevine that we may have another member interested in participating in the next King of the Hammers race and it would be nice if both of them are receiving help from us.

Anyway, I have read most of the post regarding the fundraiser and aside from the late night show, it all went well and for that I am grateful!

Rick

BTW anyone want to help me turn my son's XJ into a rockcrawler now?
;)

Jump This said:
What a great day!
Well, almost all of the day!

What started out as an idea just to have a Cherokee only event (blame it on Dean!) turned out to be a fantastic fundraiser!

If I even tried to thank everyone who helped make it happen, I know I'd forget someone and someone would get all butthurt, so I will thank EVERYONE!!

EVERYONE thank you!

My son said it best when he said that the group as a whole was the nicest and most fun people he has ever hung out with (he did however miss Kyung!)
The cheers he heard when he made an obstacle really helped cement that opinion (he didn't believe me when I told him that you all were just surprised he any clue how to drive!)

I'd like to thank the staff of the Rockgarden, Scott and his crew never had even half as many rigs there before, and aside from the last half hour, they handled it very well. It has been said before, but after talking with Scott for sometime I feel confident that there will no longer be those kinds of problems at the Rockgarden.

I'd also like to thank Dave Cole for coming out. He had just returned from a not so stellar weekend of competition wheelin' and could have understandably bugged out of coming down, but he didn't. It shows me what kind of a guy he is and only serves to build my confidence in the FOJV organization.

As to the fundraising part, we earned over $1000 for the cause! And as far as I know we are the first fundraiser held specifically for keeping JV open.
You all make me proud to say I represent you!

It is my hope that we can have an official NAXJA event at the Rockgarden.
Another fundraiser too!

I have heard through the grapevine that we may have another member interested in participating in the next King of the Hammers race and it would be nice if both of them are receiving help from us.

Anyway, I have read most of the post regarding the fundraiser and aside from the late night show, it all went well and for that I am grateful!

Rick

BTW anyone want to help me turn my son's XJ into a rockcrawler now?
;)

Well said Rick.

TO DO LIST:

1 - Order plasma and send to rick
2 - Order more plasma
3 - Pay ricks son to teach rick how to drive.

Jump This said:
Leep said:
Well said Rick.

TO DO LIST:

1 - Order plasma and send to rick
2 - Order more plasma
3 - Pay ricks son to teach rick how to drive.[/QUOTE]

THAT is hitting below the belt...

:tear:

All in all it was for a GREAT cause and everyone had a GREAT time.

Kudos to you rick :worship: :worship: :worship:

Leep said:
3 - Pay ricks son to teach rick how to drive.

I saw the video of that.
Damn cool ... need to get him a seat belt though.
Wish I got to drive a toy like that at his age, I'm just a Lot jelous.

Ha. That wasn't Rick's kid. Rick's kid Richard is a lot older than that little kid. :)

xjohnnyc said:
Ha. That wasn't Rick's kid. Rick's kid Richard is a lot older than that little kid. :)

The smaller of the two little kids is Dave Cole's son (I don't remember his name...)
And he will grow up like my son did, driving anything Dad (or friends) will let him drive.

:D

Jump This said:
The smaller of the two little kids is Dave Cole's son (I don't remember his name...)
And he will grow up like my son did, driving anything Dad (or friends) will let him drive.

:D

Well the best part is that these young ones are learning the responsible ways on how to wheel and what to do incase you get into a sticky situation. Teach em young.

Well said Rick!

What was the total count on rigs? I heard 42, 44, and 45. Great turn out!

HAHA i just rewatched the video and realized.... Hey that wasn't rick.
Was there a Pic of ur rig with a kid driving ... idunno

Back