• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Special Thanks for Helping Polish a Turd!

erikwylie

Jealousy Root of all Evil
I personally would like to thank several individuals for helping get my junk back on the road!!!! Scotty, Billy, Tony, Hildy, Cal and several others!

(Back track a year)

It starts off with Dennis, Tim, Dan and several others helping me put a new clutch in my junk, why you ask, well there was this funny noise that sounded like a spring going around in my bell housing when I would down shift or come to a stop, but it always went away when I would accellerate. HMMM, new clutch and new axles and new lift later go to test drive before goat fest last year, and well F*$K it won't shift right still making noise.

Time goes by, wife has a baby things mellow out and I finally get motivation to bring my jeep home from the being stored up at Dennis' house (many thanks for letting me store it there that long) new job is kicking in and doing good new friends have come into the mix and well this is where it gets fun!!!

Start off by wanting to swap my stock axles back in for better fuel milage, that leads to well lets freshen them up with new seals bearings and the works, well shit, its with Mr. Clean RC now and we discuss and deals come up that can't be passed up (thanks 4 Wheel Parts, Hildy, work) So my stock axle swap ends up being an EZ Locker up front, and a true trac into my D35, but wait it gets better, Brown Santa shows up with something special for me and my 35

DriversideDiscbrake.jpg

passengerdiscbrake.jpg

Yep thats right a pretty shiny new Disc Brake conversion. So back down to Scottys house we go, after fighting some things here and there we bolt that sucker back in and Holy Sheet it stops better.

Well all this I forgot to mention that we figured out what that noise was in the Bell Houseing. Seem the last time I changed the alternator I didn't fully tighten the top long bolt that holds it in and so when I would slow down stop it would slide forward and hit my fan and when I accellerated well it would slide back in!!!! Talk about feeling stupid!!!!

Well all this is trying to get accomplished for the Rock Garden Run I knew I would need some rock rails!!!! Off to Mr. OTR himself for some Billy Bars!!! (thank god I did) Well I don't have the before shots of the bars but I do have how well they worked at the Garden

rockrails2.jpg

RockRails1.jpg

So with that being said thanks to my friends on NAXJA for the motivation and the help with getting my jeep back on the road and working WAY better than it ever has.

Now I need to get it back down to Mr. OTR, cause I had the same problem as Cory on Sat. and well now my Cross member looks like this:

crossmember1.jpg

crossmember2.jpg

And also I think I need some new bumpers cause the rear sits right up against my hatch and the well the corner took a bit of a hit:

bumpercrush.jpg

And another thanks to someone that wished to remain nameless for covering my diff!!! Glad I did, cause it worked:

RearDiff.jpg

Enough of the rambling THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!!!! I really appreciate it! Now to find something for this inchitis I have!!!!

nice license plate BTW! Are those blocks XXXX-eyed for a reason?

Holy crap. It runs? Are you kidding me? Did you wheel it too?

Stop it!

Glad to see you getting back into the mix brother. See ya soon.

LOL

I was looking for some new discs for my D30 online and I was on quadratechs website searching for "Jeep Cherokee discs."

I noticed a link to Dana 35 disc upgrade. After getting off the floor and back into my chair, I wondered "who the heck would put discs on a POS?"

Oh, nm.

Back