• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C.O.R.E.

cds36

NAXJA Forum User
On another note BajaCurt how was CORR you went yes? :dunno: i do realize i spelled it CORE lol

Last edited:
Well after I got home from the RockGarden I stayed up late reading the posts going back and forth between Andy and Skwerly and Tommy.
Now that was entertaining...so much so that I didn't get to bed until 3 am.
I kinda slept in Sun morning and didn't make it to the CORR races until about 12:30.
I saw the Pro 4 class. That was pretty good racing.
Then my buddies and I walked around the rest of the day checking out the booths (well really the chicks) and saw Santa and his son and then talked with Larry Ragland for awhile.
Then went to a carne asada BBQ.
So I got there late and left early.
They changed the order of the races on Sunday.
They raced the big boys earlier than I thought they would and I missed the Pro 2 class and wasn't very interested in the midgets and buggies.
The guys I went with also went Sat and a truck endo'd on the big jump they said.
Oh and they also said the girls where hotter on Sat and showed more skin.
Oh well can't be 2 places at the same time.
I'm at lunch and will post up my pics and videos of the RockGarden tonight when I get home.

Went Sunday with Santa, saw baja curt and had a good time!

I dont want to discourage anyone from ever attending a CORR race (because it is some of the best racing, at least for a spectators point of view) but baldwin really needs to get more organized if he wants CORR spectators to come back on a regular basis. I have been to Antelope Valley (probably my favorite track and by far the most organized), Pomona (last years track was decent and somewhat organized, very crowded), and the first Chula Vista track (great track, extremely under organized, but it was the first baldwin promoted race). Sundays race at the quarry, one of the only permanent tracks in the series, prooved that Baldwin has not learned from his past mistakes.

*The sound system was horrible at best. Either the music was too loud to hear the anouncer, the announcer cuts out, or the music would be too loud during the beginning of the race (dont you go to a live event to hear and feel the horsepower?) Even the color guards were confused and started to say "gentle men start your....." too early. A few times the announcer asked people to wave at the heli because it was filmed live but very few people could hear the announcement

*The parking was absolutely rediculous!! Signage on the way in was inadequate, undocumented parking fees at gate, poorly graded dirt roads, no designated "shuttle/bus" stops. When the races were over, we stood in a very long line for about 20 minutes only to walk up the extremely steep hill (about half mile or so) because the crowd rushed the one-way road leaving the buses no room to move.

*Its mostly the little things that after 2 years of promoting these races should eventually be worked out that really make going to these races annoying some times.

-KG

Back