• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lighting

markw

web wheeler
NAXJA Member
Ok, got some ideas for rock lights. Definately going to need them. However, now that the retina burns have subsided, WTF was Tony's setup? Those things were bright! I'm guessing HID conversion, but I'd like some info on it. :) I've already got Hella e-code H4 housings.

X2 Both Tony and Billy were running Hid's bright as hell and he can get you the h4 conversion, i did it and love it no going back....

HID Conversions=

European Spec Housing (typically autopal) and a H4 Hid Conversion. I absolutely love it...works well, and as long as they are adusted properly, are not blinding people at all.........

love my Baja HID's...My Rock lights are cheep-o Wal Mart fog lights $14 bux for two..
100_1381.jpg

tcm glx said:
HID Conversions=

European Spec Housing (typically autopal) and a H4 Hid Conversion. I absolutely love it...works well, and as long as they are adusted properly, are not blinding people at all.........

tcm glx said:
HID Conversions=

Tony,

The HID conversions you have....

I have IPF housings(really sharp cutoff and slanted up to the right, not sure of the model though) with an upgraded harness and fatboy bulbs. I'm wondering if the kits you offer will fit into these housings. also, what is done for high beams? H4 bulb or what? thanks

1998xj1985 said:
Tony,

The HID conversions you have....

I have IPF housings(really sharp cutoff and slanted up to the right, not sure of the model though) with an upgraded harness and fatboy bulbs. I'm wondering if the kits you offer will fit into these housings. also, what is done for high beams? H4 bulb or what? thanks
IPF's work awesome. And yes, the HID bulb would be a H4 and would pop right in!

tcm glx said:
IPF's work awesome. And yes, the HID bulb would be a H4 and would pop right in!

cool, i'm still somewhat unfamiliar with the set up though. the hid bul will replace the low beams with an hid bulb/balast, but what is done for high beams? i have heard some hid's simply use halogens for the highs, and hid for the lows, where as others use hid for both and somehow angle the light differently for lows and highs(?)

I've looked at it some. The single HID replacment H4's have a solenoid that move the bulb.
Tony, who's setup are you running?

markw said:
I've looked at it some. The single HID replacment H4's have a solenoid that move the bulb.
Tony, who's setup are you running?

I prefer Xentec, with no high beam..... the high beam is just for flashing...you could wire up some extras for it.....

For housings, I run autopals....they work great, and are not too expensive if I bust one..

I believe Tony's are Xentec.
Do a search for all threads started by Tony (tcm glx) and weed thru them looking for HID.
Any just ignore the words "group buy" .... those posts were from the good ole days before some people got a little bent about a member trying to save other members some $$$$$$

Here's an old pic...I think he is including the housings now.
I am interested in them too. They really lit up the terrain at the Jeepspeed race and at the Rockgarden.

XentecKit.jpg

1998xj1985 said:
cool, i'm still somewhat unfamiliar with the set up though. the hid bul will replace the low beams with an hid bulb/balast, but what is done for high beams? i have heard some hid's simply use halogens for the highs, and hid for the lows, where as others use hid for both and somehow angle the light differently for lows and highs(?)
hey Jim i run HID conversions in my spotlights on the XJ and the headlights on the wifes ride, come by some night and check em out, i live right by el camino.

Back