• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ COIL SPRINGS/ ISOLATERS

dinorl007

NAXJA Forum User
i have searched and could not find a thread on any one using tj front coil springs, i have a set af rancho springs, i put them on a 96 classic that i use for parts and gained 1 5/8". they seat in the coil bucket, wandering if anyone has tried or is doing this, also i have tereflex coil spring spacers, the instructions say to remove the stock isolaters, if i remmove them, will the spacers squeak, i know i will lose about 1/2 " in lift if i remove them thanks in advance for you'lls help

Keep the isolators and keep your 1/2 inch! Not sure about the springs, but I would say if you did it, and they did fit, then you know from experience that they fit.

I am running TJ lift coils with a poly spacer and no rubber isolater with no squeaking. But I have heard of some people getting a squeak so it is one of those things you will have to try it and see.

As far as I know the TJ uses a lighter spring rate coil to the XJ, but physically they are compatible to swap out. Guys with TJs often use the XJ springs to gain more lift, generally not the other way round - a 4" lift spring for a TJ will still give a nice lift on a XJ as well, just not 4".

gorman said:
As far as I know the TJ uses a lighter spring rate coil to the XJ, but physically they are compatible to swap out. Guys with TJs often use the XJ springs to gain more lift, generally not the other way round - a 4" lift spring for a TJ will still give a nice lift on a XJ as well, just not 4".

I got around 3.5" of lift from 4" TJ coil springs.

the springs i have are gave me alittler over 2" on my tj, they gave me 1 1/2" on my xj, have u had any problem with them settling since they are a lighter spring rate, thanks again for everyones comments

I bought mine used and haven't settled any since installing them a couple years ago. Not sure if/how much new coils might settle.

I'm using TJ coils up front with 2" spacers (mostly to compensate for the weight of the bumper and winch) and yeah, about 1/2 inch lower is about right on an XJ.

Back