• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another SYE method... Anyone have an opinion?

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
I was browsing through Arizona Drive line and noticed that they updated their website through and through. They used to have a section where you could buy the appropriate yoke to make the Go-Jeep SYE and now I cannot find it...

However I stumbled upon this "new" sye...

blazerkit1.jpg

"What is this? If if you don't do lots of heavy duty off-road, this is what you need. YJs, no hack and tap. No special procedutre, Slip your off and slip this one on and bolt with the same bolts. It is the least expensive SYE in the market to get rid of vibrations. This does the same as the heavy duty except it is less expensive."

Doesn't seem like a bad dealio except for finding a replacement spare shaft.... what do you guys think?

http://www.arizonadrivelines.com/blazer_rear_drive_shaft.htm

Unlike what they lead you to beleive, thats not a "SYE" compatible driveshaft, or an "SYE" - it STILL HAS A SLIP YOKE.

Thats just a normal driveshaft with a CV joint instead of two u-joints.

If you are only trying to cure vibes, then I'd say it might be worth looking into. If you plan on wheeling, go with a Slip Yoke Eliminator and an appropriate driveshaft.

-jm

I was planning on it, however I do not see them offering the appropriate yoke anymore...looks like I'll have to try another supplier. Just thought it was a neat idea I stumbled across...

You'll need to put in some wedges to point the pinion up at the t-case to use that driveshaft, it's not just swapping shafts.

I'd be concerned about the extra weight of the CV cage past the end of the *UNSUPPORTED* slip shaft. That's already a concern for some with the stock driveshaft.

my hack n tap was easy and cheap plus I have a replacement shaft with me if I ever need it(front and rear are the same).

your playing roulette with that Company.... Best to stick to Tom Woods, 6 States, or High Angle drivelines..

I recommend an Full shaft SYE if your going to do it. Why not do it right the first time?

Dave

AZXJ said:
Why not do it right the first time?

because then we can't take breaks on the trail when people brake stuff.:doh:

Back