• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The SoCal smokeout! August 1st

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
no not that! :eyes:

:D

I've been toying with the idea of quitting smoking for good for a few months and with Jim's recent thread (congrats Jim!) i have decided its time to stop putting it off and quit already. August 1st seems like a good starting point so thats what im doing.

So, who's with me? we can do this!

:cheers:

:eek: c'mon guys i cant be the only one who wants to quit! i cant handle the pressure of being the only one!

Dude, I quit a week ago. Cold turkey. You can do it. Stop putting it off and just stop already.

If you get started now you might be able to catch me.

I quit in 2001. Its one of the best things you can do for yourself.

Quit drinking (temporarily) at the same time. When you think you just cant hack it anymore, have a beer. It will distract your cravings enough to get you through the first two weeks.

You make it one month, and we'll do a pub night (dinner and drinks) on me.

cal said:

Quit drinking (temporarily) at the same time. When you think you just cant hack it anymore, have a beer. It will distract your cravings enough to get you through the first two weeks.

thats what i call motivation! haha.

thanks for the incentive brotha.

:cheers:

cal said:

I second that grim, you go a month and I will be there too. We just need to go to hooters for the beer...

I've quit a few times using some of the methods out there... gum, inhalers, etc. But for me, quitting cold turkey was the best, and I'm now going on 3 years. I think the first 10 days are the most difficult. It will also be easier if you have a mindset that those cancer sticks are freaking disgusting. Also think of the negative affect on your kids if you have the craving. You can do it brother. Good luck.

Skwerly quit the end of May sometime. He'll have one with a few beers occasionally but he's been awesome. The way he did it was cold turkey but he made it a challenge, him against the smokes, who was the bigger man? He won. I quit for a month or 2 and now I'm back to 2 or 3 a day, which becomes 5 or 6 and so on. I just need to stop it. I'm with you Grimm.

:rattle:

GrimmJeeper said:
:eek: c'mon guys i cant be the only one who wants to quit! i cant handle the pressure of being the only one!

I might as well join you, since I won't be able to bum anymore smokes from you :D

CaliGold said:
Also think of the negative affect on your kids if you have the craving. You can do it brother. Good luck.
thats kind of my main drive, i want to be around long enough to kick thier asses if i catch them smoking :D my 15 month old pointed at my pack of smokes the other day and said "daddy", i said "yea those are daddy's cigarettes" and she said "NO!" really loud and looked mad and ran away. so im thinking she's got my back for quitting haha.

So I open this thread thinking "Carne asada on a friday?" But then the Grimm truth, I need to quit too. I was good for like 6 years, then started drinking again and it was over. Now I'm on and off again all the time, I need to quit. But can we wait til' next, next friday? :wow: .
JK. I'll let you know bro, I may be in with you.

Back