• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broken tab on rear pinion yoke

mikeypmcg

NAXJA Forum User
I have broke the small tab that holds the u-joint cap in place on my rear pinion yoke. I was thinking of breaking off the other one, and welding a small pc of steel onto the strap that holds the u-joint on. I dont think I can weld to the yoke itself as it is cast. Has anyone tried this or something similar? Any input would be good.

With the importance of the part and the low cost and ease of replacement, I would put a new one on and keep the old repaired one as a trail spare.

Im just afraid to spend the cash and break it again when I try to go through the 3 feet of mud I broke it off in this weekend. I know I will go back... anyway I was hoping i could make it stronger.

Get a new yoke. Then figure out how you bound it up to break it. They don't just break.

I know the feeling, i saddled mine up on a rock last weekend and F'd it all up. Its a flange for the 8.8 and it won't keep the clips to retain the caps in now.

Back