• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wj control arm idea

xjrider95

NAXJA Forum User
ok, this is just an idea..but.. is there a way to use wj CAs, the ones that are 2" longer, and make a mid-arm/long arm set-up???

Any suggestions???(besides tellin me its a bad idea:D )

The hard part of doing a long-arm suspension is not building the arms themselves. That's exceedingly easy. It's building the control arm mounts strong enough, high-clearance enough, and without interfering with anything else. Once you do that you can slap a set of arms together quick. It would be silly to go to all the work of building a long-arm setup for only 2" longer arms.

You *could* use the longer arms with the stock mounts, but it would relocate your axle, which may cause tire/fender/bumper interferance, could require a new drive shaft, brake lines, upper spring and shock mounts, etc. Again, it would be a ton of work for negligable gain.

i agree, but i have stock control arms on a 5-6" lift that i put together myself. it would be so much easier/ cheaper to do what i was talkin about.
and i think it would be fun to do:eeks1:

thank you wink, that is a very good point:yelclap:
that is kinda the idea i have here. im on a very tight budget, and new arms will run a couple hundred bucks.

Ah, interesting...well...then you might be in luck :D

Back