• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What could be wrong?

Peter D

NAXJA Forum User
A little help would be great. I have a 2000 4x4 AW4 with some 98,000 miles on it and recently (within the past 3 weeks) it's been giving me problems. The problem only happened on the highway going home from work at 65-75 mph. And it wouldn't happen everyday. I'd be driving along and all of a sudden the car would jolt for a split second. It's hard to describe. I would be jolted back into my seat, it felt like everything grinded to a stop for a split second then went back to normal. Then last week on my way to work I was stopped at a traffic light for around 35 seconds and it stalled. I had less than a quarter tank of gas in it (vapor lock maybe?). And so i pulled my key out, re-started it and it ran fine. Haven't had it stall since but the other day I was driving (40-45mph) and it felt like the chain on a bicycle came off, all of a sudden it was like I was in neutral, giving it throttle didn't do anything then it slammed itself back into what felt like drive, since I could give it gas again. This lasted maybe 3 seconds. Is it my flywheel? Flywheel sensor or my tranny? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
sidriptide-

yea that sounds about the same as far as the jerking is concerned, i dont have high idle though. that might be next to come. it jerked real bad on my way home, scared the shit out of me, going 50mph. My dad also thought it might be a weak/damaged ground.

Back