• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP321 Linkage nut size

otto

NAXJA Forum User
This might sound like a dumb question, but it's causing me problems, and I hope someone has the answer. Somehow I managed to misplace both the nuts that hold the transfer case linkage to the tranny. Only have one on there now, but it's the wrong thread pitch, so it won't cinch down. 4WD is useless with the linkage bracket so loose. Anyone know what size I need to thread on to the studs on the tranny (one upper, one lower) that hold the linkage on? Thanks.

1990 XJ 4.0 AX-15 NP231 D30/D35

otto said:
This might sound like a dumb question, but it's causing me problems, and I hope someone has the answer. Somehow I managed to misplace both the nuts that hold the transfer case linkage to the tranny. Only have one on there now, but it's the wrong thread pitch, so it won't cinch down. 4WD is useless with the linkage bracket so loose. Anyone know what size I need to thread on to the studs on the tranny (one upper, one lower) that hold the linkage on? Thanks.

1990 XJ 4.0 AX-15 NP231 D30/D35

Probably M8-1.25, since they're on studs that go into the tranny case.

I'd originally thought you were talking about retaining the linkage lever to the transfer case proper - which is 3/8"-16.

Please confirm once you've gotten them, so I can add them to the list I've got going online...

Thanks, I'll let you know. I checked your website since I had a feeling you might know the answer...Thanks again for saving me a royal headache.

Back