• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm on Day 7

crazyjim said:
I haven't smoked now for 1 week officially. I'm stoked! For those of you who care... thanks lol. :smoker:
congrats! its hard for alot of people. cold turkey like a man? :D

ive been smoking for 16 years and im only 29 thats over half my life lol... i quit for a year when my baby was born, just didnt feel like it anymore. then i started smoking again every once in awhile...i have 1 or 2 smokes a day IF i feel like it.. or when i go out drinking ;)

Good job dude. Thats an awsome thing. Keep it going man.

Haha, thanks guys, for the support, and thanks for having some drinks for me :D

I probably won't be drinking for a while, since the two go hand in hand for me... it's tough.

GrimmJeeper said:
congrats! its hard for alot of people. cold turkey like a man? :D

ive been smoking for 16 years and im only 29 thats over half my life lol... i quit for a year when my baby was born, just didnt feel like it anymore. then i started smoking again every once in awhile...i have 1 or 2 smokes a day IF i feel like it.. or when i go out drinking ;)

Yep, cold turkey, that's how I did it before, quit for 3 months!!! I was pissed when I started again, but sh*t was just hitting the fan for me around that time. So now it's time to quit again, I'm pretty sure I can do it this time.

AppleValleySlim said:
Good job!

Last time I quit for over 6 months. Then decided "I'll just have one occasionally" and fell right back into it.

Don't fool yourself.

Keep up the good work!

(been thinkin about quittin again myself)

Ride'on,

~C!~

That's exactly what happened to me... I started again slowly, just once when I had a bad day, then BAM, I was at a pack a day almost again.

Andy, you know you'll be stoked, I know you don't like smokers lol.

Quiting is easy, I know people who have done it dozens of times!

I was lucky, the guys I grew up with never smoked, so I never did.

Well, I guess it depends on how you define 'smoked'.....

:smoker: :nono:

Jump This said:
Quiting is easy, I know people who have done it dozens of times!

I was lucky, the guys I grew up with never smoked, so I never did.

Well, I guess it depends on how you define 'smoked'.....

:smoker: :nono:

I am just the opposite, both parents smoked and HEAVILY...So did 4 of the brothers and sisters.

I dont, go figure. I guess it did not do anything for me or appeal to me in anyway. Good to hear jim that you are quitting, gives you more $$$ for your jeep now.

Good luck, and if you get the urge to light one up, just give someone a call.

Yea, I quit recently as well, been doing good! I have a few when I'm drinking heavily, but that's it. Never any time else. LOL and no, I'm not drinking more so I can smoke more.

GOOD JOB bro, keep it up! :)

Congrats... i smoked nearly a pack a day for about 6 years & then quit cold turkey about 8 years ago..... Best thing i ever did!! Now i'm just a pissed off reformed smoker!!

:D

I've never smoked, so I don't understand the appeal...but as a doctor I hear about how "hard" it is to quit every day. (Me at work---> :banghead: ) Good for all of you that have quit, your lungs (and ours) thank you. (As will your Jeep when you start putting your cigarette money into it).

:cheers:

Started as a "cool" thing to do in school, and worked up to a two pack a day habit.
When I realized I was getting pneumonia every winter I begain to think it wasn't such a good thing.
When they went from 25 cents to 35 cents I started to try quiting.
When they went to 55 cents, that was it, I quit cold turkey.
If you're trying to guess my age, let me just tell you I remember buying gas for 27 cents a gallon when I first started driving!
I don't know how you can afford those things today.
A couple of years back my boss was trying to quit and we figured out what he was spending on smokes each month was the same as payments on the new sport motorcycle he wanted, that was it, cold turkey, bike was payed for in two years!
Anyways, quiting was one of the hardest things I did, keep up the good work!

Back