• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flare Reattachment

btfury

NAXJA Forum User
I trimmed my front fenders about 6 months ago, but didn't need to do any trimming in the rear... so now my XJ sits flareless in the front with flares in the back (not the best look). I was wondering if there was any way to reattach the stock flares up front without drilling into the sheetmetal? I've searched for a while now and haven't come across anything...

I'm basically torn because I don't really want to drill into the sheetmetal, but I don't want to take the rear flares off and trim them, either... Any advice?

Here's how it looks now...

IMG_0379.jpg

trim the rear :scottm:

Mtb Jak said:
trim the rear :scottm:

I have to agree, it would look more balanced... by the way, clean work

Same look I got goin' on. Even looks like we have the same tires and wheels. I trimmed my rears and painted them with textured black paint and am just going flarless. I like the look. :D

front looks good, now fix the back.

i have the front trimmed with no flares, and just took the rear flares off. i would really LIKE to trim the rear, but cutting and folding just doesnt sound like a good idea in my head. I know a lot of people do it, but i just feel like there will be too much paint chipping and possibility of rust down the road. anyone else have to overcome this before trimming the rear?

rattle can, no rust yet

MiNi Beast said:
She doesn't go no where at 80 down the highway. :D
That is not safe looking at all, you should at least use a ratchet strap

nootay said:
i have the front trimmed with no flares, and just took the rear flares off. i would really LIKE to trim the rear, but cutting and folding just doesnt sound like a good idea in my head. I know a lot of people do it, but i just feel like there will be too much paint chipping and possibility of rust down the road. anyone else have to overcome this before trimming the rear?

Yes, same thought, did the cut and fold anyways and just painted it black along the edge. My XJ is black, so it was a no-brainer. My cut and fold came out pretty good, just a touch wavy in a couple of spots. I've since installed modded TJ rear flares all around, so you don't even see the trims.

You can do whatever you want, it's your junk. It will probably look less balanced than it does now. I would at least trim the caps.

Back