• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 cherokee whining noise?

redxj9123

NAXJA Forum User
whining noise i think its the steering whenever i turn the wheel it gets louder but when stationary its not bad but when accelerate it gets louder until i put the clutch in and shift its only at higher rpms..? i have no clue but its loud and it sucks any suggestions on what it is???

oh yeah and i have a clicking noise coming from the right side which clicks in unicen on how fast im going any guesses on that would be awesome thanks guys im a :new: im a noob to this forum

redxj9123 said:
whining noise i think its the steering whenever i turn the wheel it gets louder but when stationary its not bad but when accelerate it gets louder until i put the clutch in and shift its only at higher rpms..? i have no clue but its loud and it sucks any suggestions on what it is???

oh yeah and i have a clicking noise coming from the right side which clicks in unicen on how fast im going any guesses on that would be awesome thanks guys im a :new: im a noob to this forum
Good chance the whining is your power steering pump...have you checked fluid recently? The click could be one of many things but start looking at brakes, pads especially.

Back