• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions about buying a used RE Trackbar

So, what is wrong with the one you have now?

Will this replacement fix the problem?

Measure the required length, make sure this one will work. There is realy not much too a track bar...
Loosen the lock nut and rotate the hiem in and out to make sure you have adjustment.

Rick

Well from what Mike (Willy51) told me the stock trackbar I have on 3" of lift is at a strange angle from the way it was installed. I dont really know all of the details but I have been told a new trackbar is what I need.

That RE one you are going to look at is known for the heim wearing out.. I hate to say it is what it is.. Can you describe better your existing trac bar? Is it just a stock one with a drop bracket at the axle?

Thats not a bad price for that trackbar. New heim and bushing are about $30 from RE, very good choice for 3" of lift. I ran it at 3.5, 4.5, 5.5 and briefly at 6.5 while I worked on my new front end. Now that same RE1600 is on Willy51's rig. ;)

Yeah i saw Big mike80's track bar the other night. The way it's set up the upper tie rod end is really flexing down.

get it Mike, I'll help you put it in next week if you like.

I have one of those trackbars, it creaks and pops a bit over bumps, but it does it's job. I'm tempted to tack weld the high-misalignment bushings to my trackbar bracket.

If you end up buying it, my recommendation is to pull the frame side bracket off the XJ and drill it out. I tried drilling it out in place and I wasn't able to drill a good straight hole. I replaced it with one from the Pick-A-Part which I drilled out on the bench and it's much tighter.

Back