• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Cell Questions

Hammerite_05

NAXJA Forum User
My tank on my 88 4.0 Mj has 2 leaks. i was looking to replace it with a fuel cell. Can anybody tell me where to get one and wich one will work best with my electrical system on my MJ.

has anyone on here done this before??
thanx

There are companies that make aftermarket tanks, both larger and tougher, that replace the stock tank. This would be simpler than changing the system to a fuel cell, and wouldn't have any smog compliance issues.

You can learn about fuel cells, and their plumbing and pump issues by searching the many companies that sell them, including Summit Racing and Poly Performance.

I was going to do this on my MJ. For the cost of doing it right, you could buy 5 plastic replacement tanks. You can get any cell from summit and then get all the lines, sending unit to work with your gauge, external pump, filter, pressure regulator...to me it wasn't worth it. If you search "fuel cell" there is much good reading.

Back