• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhausting...

NiceXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was wanting to know about a good sounding exhaust for the 4.0. I've currently got a high performance magnaflow cat straight with a 3.5 tip. It rumbles and i like it but i didnt know if there is something better. I dont want a high whine or for it to sound like a pissed off bumble bee. Would a header and bigger piping help or what?

Well, a few people on the site that run aftermarket exhausts, run the Flowmaster 40 series cat-back system. I'm not a 100% but I think it runs a 2.5" pipe throughout and sounds pretty deep and raspy.You can here sound clips of it on the flowmaster site. Rusty's sells a 40 series kit too if I'm not mistaken.

Chero-King said:
Well, a few people on the site that run aftermarket exhausts, run the Flowmaster 40 series cat-back system. I'm not a 100% but I think it runs a 2.5" pipe throughout and sounds pretty deep and raspy.You can here sound clips of it on the flowmaster site. Rusty's sells a 40 series kit too if I'm not mistaken.

I run a gutted cat(was crushed) and a Flowmaster 40 series. Not the delta flow one, the street and strip one. An offset inlet and outlet one fits perfectly. Sound good and deep.

I went the cheap route and gutted my cat and threw on a glass-pack. Nice and loud and sounds pretty sweet. Turns some head as I'm goin down the road. For a truly sweet and throaty sound though, my buddy has a Banks cat-back system on his TJ. Little more on the expensive side, but sounds friggin sweet!

NiceXJ said:
I was wanting to know about a good sounding exhaust for the 4.0. I've currently got a high performance magnaflow cat straight with a 3.5 tip. It rumbles and i like it but i didnt know if there is something better. I dont want a high whine or for it to sound like a pissed off bumble bee. Would a header and bigger piping help or what?

paint it yellow with black strips. and it would be funny. bzzzzzz

Back