• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Ignition Parts rated

92DripCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Just overhauled my ignition system looing for more MPG. Total cost $122, plus $3 for a 7th spark plug.

Champion Truck Plug 4412- Excellent engine performance, but breaks extremely easy. Most brittle plug I've ever bought. First spark plug I've broken in 15 yrs, buy 7 or 8!

MSD blaster dodge coil 8228- Noticeable increase in engine smoothness at upper RPM range, "butt dyno" confirmed. Nice brass pins. sadly, made in china.

Summit Volt-X-treme wires, cap, rotor.
Cap is heavy molded alkyd with brass terminals, big carbon button, nice part.
Rotor
is COMPLETE TRASH. the rotor fit loosely on the distributor shaft, was missing part of its "foot", has paper-thin plated contacts. Heard it clicking at idle, causing a slight miss. Bought a BWD rotor that fits tightly, and was heavily built like OEM . Idles like silk now.
Wires
- Super nice, insulation is very tough and thick. They do pop off a bit easy though. But very nice for the price. Looks like they'll last awhile. Some were too long, but that's ok. Too short would be a problem.

Mileage- no figures yet. Very tempting to stomp the pedal, and miss the point.

Last edited:
Interested to hear how you "broke" a spark plug...?

Its pretty easy to do either by torque-ing or breaking a siezed one loose...

I love the truck plugs, but I switched to NGK v-powers when the store I worked at was out of the champions, and I dont think I will be going back. The NGK is just a great plug

Ha, it wasnt the Harbor Freight torque wrench's fault, it was mine.. used a 1/2 drive torque wrench

let the weight of the wrench get me off center, ought to use a 3/8 drive wrench with an in-lbs range

the accuracy range of a 150 lb torque wrench is pretty bad at the low end, especially when the wrench cost less than the lug nuts it usually torques...:explosion

not tryin to poke fun, but you actually used a torque wrench on a spark plug? That is attention to detail there. I've never seen that done.

IIRC, its 19 ft/lbs for plugs....

and x2 on the NGK plugs, love them...

razdrvr said:
not tryin to poke fun, but you actually used a torque wrench on a spark plug? That is attention to detail there. I've never seen that done.

I use my torque wrench on everything that I can.

Back