• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone in socal sell pre-made bumpers?

KingOfTheHill

NAXJA Forum User
i can't remember the site i was on but someone sold front/rear bumpers and sliders for like 6-700...

anyone in socal do this? they were the super basic ones, flat, no tapers or anything like that?

if anyone know's of a place can you let me know?

JOe

you can put aftermarket bumpers on a cherokee?

won't the weight make it sit really low to the ground?

crazyjim said:
You're just mean. You are a MEAN person.

I'm not always mean. If he gets the bumpers, I'll give him a set of coil spacers and MAYBE some shackles to lift it back up again.

think your talking about JCR.. They were running a special but not sure if it's still going. Check the vendor section of the forms.

KingOfTheHill said:
i can't remember the site i was on but someone sold front/rear bumpers and sliders for like 6-700...

anyone in socal do this? they were the super basic ones, flat, no tapers or anything like that?

if anyone know's of a place can you let me know?

JOe

KingOfTheHill said:
Now YOU sir, are awesome!...

yes! thats the place http://www.jcroffroad.com/

now does anyone know of a place similar that sells the basic's like these guys in Socal?

JOe

You aren't going to find a good price off the shelf. JCR is a great company, great service, and a Naxja sponsor. Go with them. ;)

cal said:
You aren't going to find a good price off the shelf. JCR is a great company, great service, and a Naxja sponsor. Go with them. ;)

damn, im still trying for this weekend...

im giving up the lift and tires for recovery points for the garden... if it was such last minute i would just order those since they looks so easy/plug'n play ya know.

spend the last few days getting the thing road ready (leaked like a fountain) and smoged.. just dont have time to get those here in time.

Thanks for the info though.

JOe

try
http://www.loose-nuts-enterprises.com/
they are in Yucaipa. and Dan is a great guy
bumper2.JPG

KingOfTheHill said:
damn, im still trying for this weekend...

im giving up the lift and tires for recovery points for the garden... if it was such last minute i would just order those since they looks so easy/plug'n play ya know.

spend the last few days getting the thing road ready (leaked like a fountain) and smoged.. just dont have time to get those here in time.

Thanks for the info though.

JOe

I've probably got some 1.5" spacers and shackles sitting around, but I don't know that you have time to install them before then?

KingOfTheHill said:
Now YOU sir, are awesome!...

yes! thats the place http://www.jcroffroad.com/

now does anyone know of a place similar that sells the basic's like these guys in Socal?

JOe

If you find one... PLEASE let me know.

There is a guy in Phoenix who is selling rear bumper for $225. Says it mounts to stock location, so may not be ok for recovery...??? I think he sells front bumpers too, but I cannot find the ad.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pts/763897096.html

You could probably find someone on uship.com who could deliver it for you by this weekend.

still have gremlins in this thing.. suddenly the lift/bumpers are off as of now.

tackled the rear main seal ALL day yesterday and looks to be still leaking abou the same. When the exhast gets some good heat to it, it starts to smoke pretty good from the oil getting on it.

$300 to get this job done, and i think im gonna have to just pay to have it done. i can just never do a rear main seal correctly and i don't know why.

JOe

Check all you vacuum and PCV line(s). If its building up internal pressure it will blow oil out seals and the rear main sucks anyway. Also, make sure you use the OEM rear main. I have heard bad things the aftermarket ones. I am sure you know about the pressure thing since you have a 10second car but still worth mentioning.

Take your time on the rear main. Victor or Felpro make good replacements. Also, if it's like pre 94, get a 95+ pan gasket. Those are 1pc and are easier to install. A little trick to installing them is to take some small zipties and ziptie the gasket to the pan so you can lift/fight the whole thing in place, then once you get a couple bolts started, you can cut the zipties and remove them. Make sure to put a dab of good rtv (I prefer ultra gray) at the corners of the caps on the front and rear where the pan meets them. There's a sharp 90ish degree turn there and that's where they'll leak, the silicone (not much) will prevent that.

Oh, use some brass rod to drive the old seal out. You can get it an hobby shop, or possibly Michaels I think i went with like 3/16's or so. Be careful and don't use anything that could damage the seal surface on the crank and you should be fine, also pre lube the new seal, just wipe some oil on it so you don't start it dry.

Back