• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help finding right hole for plug

seanyb505

NAXJA Forum User
I just got my 97 4.0 long block back from the machine shop and I noticed that where the oil pressure sensor fits in there is a plug in the whole. My question is - where is this plug supposed to go? I havent opened up anything since I got it back and I can see one plug in the back and one on the other side of the engine (drivers side). Where should I look first? Thanks

This guy right here. Thats the old oil pressure sensor Im guessing, I need it to go back, and thats not the problem. The problem is finding where the little plug the machine shop put there is really supposed to go. The freeze plug set I got came with a couple threaded plugs, and Im assuming each had its place. Clearly this one is not in its place.
get-attachment.aspx

Damn engine builders, pluggin the wrong hole!

They probably plugged your hole, sorry couldn't help it, to keep debris from the machining process out of the oil galleys. It should just be an extra part. I know mine was when I got my block back.

Did you experience any erratic oil pressure? I seem to remember a while back someone forgot to put a plug somewhere and it ended up messing with their pressure.

Back