• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Track Bar Thread

Well, it seems my fairly new RE trackbar is going out (this would be the Heavy duty, not the extreme duty). In my case, the lock nut came loose on the adjustment and the threads got fubar from the flexing on the threads alone.

Is the Extreme Duty Track Bar from Rubicon Express, along with the track bar bracket, the best way to go? what about the brace?

I have a 4.5 RE lift with drop brackets, 4.56 gears and 32s.

I generally wheel at least a little bit every day.

Also looking for suggestions for shocks. The Doetchtech ones that came with the RE lift suck. Tahey seem dead already (this, after getting a DOA unit when I ordered).

I've less than 5K miles on all.

Nevada City Sparky said:
Well, it seems my fairly new RE trackbar is going out (this would be the Heavy duty, not the extreme duty). In my case, the lock nut came loose on the adjustment and the threads got fubar from the flexing on the threads alone.

Is the Extreme Duty Track Bar from Rubicon Express, along with the track bar bracket, the best way to go? what about the brace?
Yes,and they also have a trackbar brace which I highly recommend also!

Basically anything will work as long as it has a drop bracket and uses a flex joint at the "frame" side.

RE and TnT are two companies that easily come to mind for trac bar systems and x2 on the brace.

Shocks are normally personal preference, but Bilstien 5100s are a good and somewhat cheap shock.

Back