• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A few lift questions

BigMike80

NAXJA Forum User
I have done some searching but still have a few questions. I am going to be getting some 31" BFG A/Ts cheap from a friend and Im thinking about getting an RE 3.5" or 4.5" lift.

Should I go with the 4.5" lift and get a hack n tap sye?
Or get the 3.5" lift and get the ZJ coils for a little more lift up front?

Since I've heard RE lifts tend to sit high in the rear and I have a heavy JCR bumper up front. I also want to replace the stock trackbar so I'm leaning towards the 4.5". Im trying to get the the best bang for my buck so any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Well kits are always better than trying to piece a lift together unless ur gettin all the parts cheap. I have the RE 3.5" with the full leaf pack in the rear and it sits perfectly level and i have a grillgaurd up front granted its no steel bumper but it does have some weight to it and it doesnt make it sit low even the slightest bit. RE lifts are always under rated in their height im guessing im netting around 4" or just under with my 3.5" kit. Its recommended for lifts of 4.5" and higher to do a slip yoke eliminator but i have a buddy who has the RE 5.5" extreme duty shor arm kit and he still runs his facotry driveshaft no problem but its strictly a street jeep cuz he just wanted a lifted jeep and bought it that way but the kid who had it b4 him took it out wheelin and never had a problem. Every jeep seems to be different on this on basically u just gotta lift it and see where you are after its lifted it may need it or it may not. The RE 4.5" kit is a really nice kit so u wont go wrong there. Every RE kit that I have seen have always been perfectly level so I think you will be fine with that.

I bought the RE 4.5" super flex kit. I love it. Have not relpaced any parts that it came with (My friends can't say the same about Rustys) and I got about 5.5" in the rear and 5" up front.

If its in your budget, get the A/A SYE and Tom Woods driveshaft combo, thats what I've got and I really love it.

Where would be the best place to buy a RE 3.5" lift? Can I get the RE ZJ coils instead to give a little extra lift in the front? Do shocks come with it or do I need to buy them separate?

at 4.5" the 31's look small in my opinion. at 3.5" your more likely not to need the SYE. what year XJ?

wow, cant believe im recommending less lift here.

Back