• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front driveshat part numbers

Jeepsloth

Gort like Jeep
Does anyone have the Spicer part number for the slip yoke on a front driveshaft? I entered the numbers stamped on mine here:

part number on yoke C2-3-2699

http://www2.dana.com/expertforms/demenu.aspx?prod=JOI

and came up empty. The shaft is from a 2000 auto tranny XJ, it has excessive play and is showing wear and I want to rebuild it. I found a yoke at a local driveshaft shop that will probably work, but it is slightly shorter and I'm worried about it separating. This shaft is going to be used as a rear shaft when I install my SYE kit.

part number on "new" yoke 2-3-1461KX

You're looking for the sliip yoke on a front drive shaft? Isn't the slip yoke welded to the tube? What ever part you need, call Tom Woods tomorrow (Assuming everyone's off today). He can send you all the pieces to rebuild the front end. OR, hit the quadratec web site. They also carry the shaft parts.

Jeepsloth said:
This shaft is going to be used as a rear shaft when I install my SYE kit.

is that going to be long enough

EricT said:
is that going to be long enough

I just had a similar issue using a front DS in the rear after installing a RE4.5" lift. I had to get 2.25 inches welded into the DS as I have the 5spd manual tranny and stock, it was about an inch too short fully extended.

Back