• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help Ordering Gears

Jester99

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going with Precision 4.10 gears from Reider Racing and I need to know everything that I need to buy. I've got a 99classic with the D30 and C8.25. I don't know a lot about this stuff like if I need to order regular gears or reverse cut, master/overhaul kits, new carriers, etc.

The 99 D30 could be a low pinion but best to post a pic for help... but you will need the gears (obviously), a new carrier 3.73+, and a master install kit for the 30. Now I would get the gears from reider, but get the install kits from Yukon. When it comes time to install the gears the reider kits use ratech shims, and the Yukons use all spicer shims. This will make it easier on the person doing the install to get it set correctly. And on the 8.25 do not let them sell you Motive gear either, get a richmond, us gear, or oem chrysler if you can afford it.. The motives make noise even if they are set up properly.. The 8.25 uses the same carrier for 2.91~4.56 so you will be ok.

It could be HP or LP, just look at the housing on the D30. Take a picture and post it here for verification.

When I ordered my master overhaul kits from them the C8.25 didn't have any ring bolts. Come to find out they were removed because they were not good. I had to get my ring bolts from the dealer. 10 of them for about $8 I believe.

I am very happy with my gear from Reider Racing. Everything I read here was to pick the ratio gear set you want then go one lower. I wanted the 4:10 so I dropped to the 4:56.

Back