• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering has a gap?

sprngfldxj

NAXJA Forum User
Need help to remedy the steering shaft from the fire wall to the gear box.
On cold days it has gap as if the box is out of adjustment, but on warm days it does just fine. I found the cause in the joint just out of the firewall. Is there a way to fix it? Or do i just replace it?
With what?

if your talking about the shaft from the firewall to the gear box. It's supposed to be able to extend and retract. I would assume for ease of installation or maybe some other purpose. What exactly do u mean by gap. maybe a picture would help.

I should have been more precise. The shaft does not move in and out as in sliding back and forth, rather it has a gap in the joint just out side of the firewall to the gear box, where it moves left to right/right to left.

cambosoup99 said:
if your talking about the shaft from the firewall to the gear box. It's supposed to be able to extend and retract. I would assume for ease of installation or maybe some other purpose. What exactly do u mean by gap. maybe a picture would help.

Only on later models.....not on the renix.

cambosoup99 said:

Only on later models.....early models don't have the collapsable steering shaft.

Back