• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So.Cal. windshield replacement?

silverslk

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I managed to crack my windshield and need a replacement. Does anyone know where in the OC area to get one.....cheap?

Thanks,
Andy

I will try to find the place that replaced my wife's windshied in her Tahoe. It was only a couple of hundred bucks for that big thing. I know I foudn them in the Yellowpages and they came to my house the next day. It's a mobile service that can do the repair at your work or at your home.

Go to yellowpages.com and search around, you will find a good deal, I am sure.

Hey Andy, let me know how much it is, I have wanted to replace mine for a while...

I just got a quote from safelite for $203 but i got him down to $170 just by saying that i wanted to call a few more places and get a few more prices. Plus they said that they would meet or beat any competitors price.
I found another guy "Payless AutoGlass" here in Pomona. I could've sworn i was talkin to Crazy Gideon. I would not have trusted this guy to fix anything, but he quoted me $120.
When i get mine done, I'm gonna try to get Safelite to do it for crazy gideons price, but i dont think they'll be too happy about it.

this is all for my 96 2 door and im in san dimas....so it might vary a bit

hope that helps

backpack :pirate1:

I had mine replaced a little over a month ago for $120. I'll try to find the number of the guy who did it.

JoesXJ said:
Try safelite auto glass, I've used them in the past, not too bad $$ and they come to you.

safelite is awesome, i work for farmer's and we sublet our glass services to them, great company, very reasonable prices.

Just by way of comparison,
I just had mine done this weekend here in Long Beach. $116 included tax but I had to go to their shop. (No house calls on Sat.) No distortions that I can see. I haven't washed it yet to check for leaks but they warrenty against that for 1 year I think. It has the tint strip across the top but it's so small as to be useless. Probably can find the same deal in your neck of the woods.
Cherokid

Cherokid said:
Just by way of comparison,
I just had mine done this weekend here in Long Beach. $116 included tax but I had to go to their shop. (No house calls on Sat.) No distortions that I can see. I haven't washed it yet to check for leaks but they warrenty against that for 1 year I think. It has the tint strip across the top but it's so small as to be useless. Probably can find the same deal in your neck of the woods.
Cherokid

I looked at safelite online and its $164 installed at my work.

I don't mind going to Long Beach......whats the name or number of that place?

Thanks,
Andy

IslanderOffRoad said:
safelite is awesome, i work for farmer's and we sublet our glass services to them, great company, very reasonable prices.

You hook it up with insurance? I can never get a good quote because I don't know whats on my record and need them to print it out and write the policy to match my record.

I used safelight and had them do it for $97......had a quote from a place next to pap in applevalley that was using used glass and they still matched it but the quote didnt say used glass. and they did it at my home on saturday to boot

Back