• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will a bad Torque Converter cause driveline vibes

citRon

NAXJA Forum User
...? Torque converter is going out presumably. I had vibes around 35 mph and again at 65 mph after a BB with 2" AAL's. I lowered my Transfer case crossmember 1 inch to see if that would help the vibes, and they are gone except for at 65 mph still getting bad vibes. If i put it in neutral it seems I still have the vibes. -Just wondering if the TC could cause this.

X2 what year. I second about it being lift related. Even at a BB 2" lift do not forget to get your alainment atleast checked. I can almost garrenty that you caster will be off. Bad caster can cause some vibes also. I really do not think it is your torque converter.

I've never had a converter go out on the AW4, but the old Dodge 727's would occasionally cause me grief. The first sign was usually the front tranny seal leaking.

Def. do new driveshaft u joints. I had one that seemed tight, and couldnt find the vibes. replaced both joints as a first step and it took care of 90% of the vibration.

it's a 96. I did the RE Hack-n-Tap with front DS mod, because I had some vibes witht the stock shaft at 2", and replaced all 3 u-joints in the front shaft I used. I actually redid the u joints...it didn't feel right, and I pulled it apart and found a needle bearing had fallen over in one, so i replaced them all again.

Back