• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

look what you can do with a carivan over head console

bcredxj

NAXJA Forum User
went to the local pick a part and got a over head console out of a grand caravan, looks cool so why not!
jeep2001.jpg

did a little cut out where the original dome light was to mount the hanger plate
jeep2005.jpg

then I cut a slit about 5 " back for the plastic tab
jeep2009.jpg

next whire up the lights (splice the pink and yellow)
jeep2007.jpg

remove the old visor mounts as the new console has them
jeep2003.jpg

now install the new console by putting the plastic tab into the slit you cut, clip in the center into the new hanger then screw the new visor clips into the original mounting holes
jeep2010.jpg

there you go you are done about 1 hour and 25bux
jeep042-1.jpg

jeep038-1.jpg

:peace:

come on, we need the vital stats! years, makes and models on both the grand caravan and jeep.

That is the exact copy of a Grand Cherokee Console (ZJ)

Have fun!

John

the console came from a 93 carivan but we saw them in ones from 92 to 2004 they are all the same (come on chrysler used the slant six for 37 years!) you are looking for the long one that gose into the back seats. my xj is a 92 but my buddys in the back yard is a 86 and it hase the same mounts and roof line but you will need the small visors out of a chrysler xj not the ones from a amc xj . just go to your local wrecker and hold it up to the roof to check but I am 99% sure thet it will bolt into any xj

Last edited:
R_jeep said:
come on, we need the vital stats! years, makes and models on both the grand caravan and jeep.
That does look good....give us the details...:wave1:

dude, nice job! i give props

You should really check out this thread:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=949746&highlight=installing+overhead+console

R_jeep said:

Caravans up to 1995 will have the same console body.

GI-John said:
That is the exact copy of a Grand Cherokee Console (ZJ)

Have fun!

John

No the ZJ console is different, it mounts differently and has a different trip computer. see the link above

Last edited:
Back